Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thought Wilshere looked good last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I don't know f, I really don't get it.

People used to moan about Denilson, who was an excellent footballer. Now we have Iwobi in the first team.
    and a manager who generated a profit in the summer transfer window rather than using the money available to him to improve the team.

You know where this is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    All the people wanting Giroud to start got what they wished for
    It was nice watching us play with two central midfielders in, you know, central midfield.

Amazing how well that works.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    and a manager who generated a profit in the summer transfer window rather than using the money available to him to improve the team.

You know where this is going.
    So the Wenger outers were actually right all along?
    What they used to say seems to the majority now. But they are classed as fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    But what breeds this sort of casual appraoch to things. Squard after squard it seems to get worserer.
    Only because we can't afford/won't pay to get the best first team talent/youth players in. The board seem to be happy to sit in the middle of the challenging pack behind City, United and Chelsea.

If we win the 3 Cups the AKBs will claim victory and call for 5 more years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Only because we can't afford/won't pay to get the best first team talent/youth players in. The board seem to be happy to sit in the middle of the challenging pack behind City, United and Chelsea.
    That doesn't excuse the crap effort on the pitch Rich.
    Those teams all had a crap periods too, a time where we could have tried to win Leicester won of all people as they played as a team.

also I find the contract situations of Ozil and Sanchez quite frankly embarrassing for a club who allegedly does things the 'right way'

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    While we make money for finishing 4th 5th etc the board wouldn't want to spend £200-£300m to TRY to get us to win the title. Why would they, they are more bothered about it being a money making venture than atitle winning one
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Don’t forget we’re on the Leicester City model.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You're right, Wilshere did look good. The rest of them, sadly, didn't.

Wilshere and Ozil aside, this must be the least talented Arsenal team for a generation.
    I think we are at a really tough time for the club.

Cech cannot have that much longer left, Mertesacker is gone, the chronic injuries we often read about will surely take their toll on Koscielny who anyway is 31/32 and again heading towards the end, not sure Wenger rates Mustafi else why go through the summer trying to move him on, not sure what is going on with Holding who is trusted for major matches then nowhere to be seen despite being an age where most Prem managers would have him in weekly, I am not sure why we re-employed Chambers at all. That is just the defensive area.

Ozil and Sanchez are surely gone at this point, Walcott should go if he has even one shred of professional integrity, Ramsey will be next in the 12 months from free bracket.

I am sure there is others we could identify – Wilshere free to talk to clubs in 17 days, Elneny and Coquelin are both mince ……

Yet we are 7th and probably 4th by tea time on Saturday.

I am not sure if my glass is indeed half full or half empty, however a new round is called for.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I think we are at a really tough time for the club.

Cech cannot have that much longer left, Mertesacker is gone, the chronic injuries we often read about will surely take their toll on Koscielny who anyway is 31/32 and again heading towards the end, not sure Wenger rates Mustafi else why go through the summer trying to move him on, not sure what is going on with Holding who is trusted for major matches then nowhere to be seen despite being an age where most Prem managers would have him in weekly, I am not sure why we re-employed Chambers at all. That is just the defensive area.

Ozil and Sanchez are surely gone at this point, Walcott should go if he has even one shred of professional integrity, Ramsey will be next in the 12 months from free bracket.

I am sure there is others we could identify – Wilshere free to talk to clubs in 17 days, Elneny and Coquelin are both mince ……

Yet we are 7th and probably 4th by tea time on Saturday.

I am not sure if my glass is indeed half full or half empty, however a new round is called for.
    The only solution is a new manager a clear out and a few years of rebuilding.
    Wenger has his favourites and his projects that he insists on carrying on with whilst he is here it won't really change.

Also the whole Wenger contract *******s last season was another farce.