Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Oh I didn't realise that Chis Froome had asthma as well

Oh I didn't realise that Chis Froome had asthma as well

I thought it was just Brad Wiggins. Or was that hayfever?

Amazing how many cyclists have significant health issues, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I thought that...though, fair play to them for battling through their debilitating conditions to rise to the top of their sport
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I thought that...though, fair play to them for battling through their debilitating conditions to rise to the top of their sport
    Don’t be such a cynic.

I knew lads who had asthma during my playing career. Not unknown for them to be on their hands and knees coughing their guts up, and fighting to hold back the sick from the previous night’s pints.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    ... and fighting to hold back the sick from the previous night’s pints.

the lofty heights of professional football, eh?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Makes me wonder how come most of our midgets aren’t on medical exemptions.

That skinny arse Ramsey could use one imo

and to follow this up, not only does whiter than white, holier than thou Team Sky have a lead cyclist with asthma, a former lead cyclist with allergies/asthma, the team completely dedicated to clean cycling with a zero tolerance policy has just employed this chap. From the Times:

Team Sky have taken on Mike Morgan, of Morgan Sports Law, who helped Lizzie Armitstead avoid a ban last year despite claims that she missed three drugs tests in ten months, and also advised Russian athletes and the Russian Olympic committee over their exclusion from the 2016 Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I thought it was just Brad Wiggins. Or was that hayfever?

over 40% of cyclists have asthma... experts last night said that isn't a shock as the lung effort they have to put in through dry conditions means it is much more likely that they would hev it than not.

16% of all athletes have asthma which is much higher than the national average, again this is due to certain sports requiring higher lung exertion than others
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    over 40% of cyclists have asthma... experts last night said that isn't a shock as the lung effort they have to put in through dry conditions means it is much more likely that they would hev it than not.

16% of all athletes have asthma which is much higher than the national average, again this is due to certain sports requiring higher lung exertion than others
    While I admire your statistical accuracy, and indeed I am quite taken aback by the figures, his being asthmatic or not is missing the issue here which specifically is the amount of the substance in the test findings. Indeed his asthma condition has been long known (despite the odd fact that he not once referenced it in his 2014 autobiography, not once, not even the word).

He’s a filthy cheating druggie and let there be no confusion here P.

He should be stripped of his TdF titles and then you can never again refer to him as British.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    While I admire your statistical accuracy, and indeed I am quite taken aback by the figures, his being asthmatic or not is missing the issue here which specifically is the amount of the substance in the test findings. Indeed his asthma condition has been long known (despite the odd fact that he not once referenced it in his 2014 autobiography, not once, not even the word).

He’s a filthy cheating druggie and let there be no confusion here P.

He should be stripped of his TdF titles and then you can never again refer to him as British.
    Oh, it is as dodgy as ****... and I don't class him as British as he has lived a total of 0 days in this country in his whole life
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar