Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The annoying thing about teams running away with the league so early in the season is

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Nah, we do that when we're nervous.

I mean, we are nervous, but we're also unmotivated. It's a bit of a toxic combination for a football team, quite frankly.
    Also, not that good. I cant watch City play, it makes me feel sad. We used to have players like that.....

Nah, we do that when we're nervous.

I mean, we are nervous, but we're also unmotivated. It's a bit of a toxic combination for a football team, quite frankly.
    So when exactly did every other club in the league start playing in 3rd gear? Ours was obviously from August, was Man U before they lost on Sunday?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Got to wonder what Arsene will do now imo

I would be inclined to switch the teams around and play the first XI in the 3 cups and lets the kids gain experience and the chance to blossom in the League.

Might as well end his career here with a nice trophy haul but also give the next man a platform to build from.

Not asking for a total swap...just a few more of the kids playing in the League more regularly and in their right positions ie Macey, Holding, Maitland and Reiss.

that it pretty much guarantees that every other perceived contender when the season started will fail to demonstrate their full potential.

It’s simply not psychologically possible for a team to operate at their full potential when the league has already gone and second is the best you can hope for.

This is why, unless you think we should be ahead of Man City based on our potential, you have no right to criticise Wenger.

Or something...
    How long before a playoff system is introduced?

that it pretty much guarantees that every other perceived contender when the season started will fail to demonstrate their full potential.

It’s simply not psychologically possible for a team to operate at their full potential when the league has already gone and second is the best you can hope for.

This is why, unless you think we should be ahead of Man City based on our potential, you have no right to criticise Wenger.

Or something...
    If VAR was in place, we'd be a lot closer

Just the TWO players offside
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Just the TWO players offside
    They were still winning 2-1 at the time.

2-1 is easier to come back from than 3-1
    Obvs

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    2-1 is easier to come back from than 3-1
    Obvs

Yes I am quite sure they would have added a third had they not added the third when they did.

Anyhow, a silly discussion as they won and we lost.

We would have won had de Gea not done his job as a goalkeeper. That’s another silly one.

I was endorsing PSRB with his VAR comment
    Organically the ire towards the officials for missing two clear offside players is justified
    At that stage in the game we were on the up and more likely to score
    It would have also been likely that 2018 Champions City would have scored again
    I will quit now because I agree with you that much of this is pointless

There is a Jam documentary on the Telly this week