Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The annoying thing about teams running away with the league so early in the season is

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I know but us and those three teams are basically playing every game in third gear because we know the title has gone. Every match is basically a glorified friendly.
    Or, perhaps, with the handbrake on?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Or, perhaps, with the handbrake on?
    Nah, we do that when we're nervous.

I mean, we are nervous, but we're also unmotivated. It's a bit of a toxic combination for a football team, quite frankly.

I mean, we are nervous, but we're also unmotivated. It's a bit of a toxic combination for a football team, quite frankly.
    Also, not that good. I cant watch City play, it makes me feel sad. We used to have players like that.....

So when exactly did every other club in the league start playing in 3rd gear? Ours was obviously from August, was Man U before they lost on Sunday?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

No, I meant this season. Other seasons you're free to criticise Wenger. I'm a fair man.
    That's only part if it, though.

It's that bit about not getting the best out of team until they challenge for the league that I particularly loved.

'Why are we 5th, Monty?'
    M - 'Because we aren't challenging for the league so our performance levels are lower than they might be otherwise'
    'But if we were to challenge for the league we would need to be better, and if we were better we would be higher than 5th'
    M - 'no, you haven't thought this through properly'

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Also, not that good. I cant watch City play, it makes me feel sad. We used to have players like that.....
    But we don't know if we're not very good, because we're not motivated enough (through no fault of our own) to show how good we are. It's literally a vicious circle, Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    So when exactly did every other club in the league start playing in 3rd gear? Ours was obviously from August, was Man U before they lost on Sunday?
    Man Utd probably played a bit in 3rd gear since August too. Chelsea as well, but their lack of motivation is down to having won it last year. Basically it was City's to lose this time round and they've made the most of it.

But we don't know if we're not very good, because we're not motivated enough (through no fault of our own) to show how good we are. It's literally a vicious circle, Jeff.
    You've got to stop judging everyone else by your own, resigned and apathetic standards m.
    Sports people are motivated by design. It's in their dna old chap. No one likes to lose.

Man Utd probably played a bit in 3rd gear since August too. Chelsea as well, but their lack of motivation is down to having won it last year. Basically it was City's to lose this time round and they've made the most of it.
    So Man U have played in 3rd gear (since August) while only 8 points behind the leaders (in December) ......... do you actually believe any of this rubbish you post?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Got to wonder what Arsene will do now imo

I would be inclined to switch the teams around and play the first XI in the 3 cups and lets the kids gain experience and the chance to blossom in the League.

Might as well end his career here with a nice trophy haul but also give the next man a platform to build from.

Not asking for a total swap...just a few more of the kids playing in the League more regularly and in their right positions ie Macey, Holding, Maitland and Reiss.