Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The annoying thing about teams running away with the league so early in the season is

The annoying thing about teams running away with the league so early in the season is

that it pretty much guarantees that every other perceived contender when the season started will fail to demonstrate their full potential.

It’s simply not psychologically possible for a team to operate at their full potential when the league has already gone and second is the best you can hope for.

This is why, unless you think we should be ahead of Man City based on our potential, you have no right to criticise Wenger.

Or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    that it pretty much guarantees that every other perceived contender when the season started will fail to demonstrate their full potential.

It’s simply not psychologically possible for a team to operate at their full potential when the league has already gone and second is the best you can hope for.

This is why, unless you think we should be ahead of Man City based on our potential, you have no right to criticise Wenger.

Or something...
    So if we discount man city and assume all the other clubs are failing to play to potential, we are 5th and behind 3 teams that are playing CL games while we play EL games with a second team

Wenger out
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    So if we discount man city and assume all the other clubs are failing to play to potential, we are 5th and behind 3 teams that are playing CL games while we play EL games with a second team

Wenger out
    I know but us and those three teams are basically playing every game in third gear because we know the title has gone. Every match is basically a glorified friendly.

I know but us and those three teams are basically playing every game in third gear because we know the title has gone. Every match is basically a glorified friendly.
    You mean the 4th place trophy you've been going on about for the past 10 years doesn't motivate them?

absolute *******s

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    You mean the 4th place trophy you've been going on about for the past 10 years doesn't motivate them?
    Of course not. I'm talking about maximising your full potential. Only believing you can win the league will allow you to do that.

Of course not. I'm talking about maximising your full potential. Only believing you can win the league will allow you to do that.
    So Burnley don't think they can win the league but are performing above their potential?

You do sprout some utter crap at times

Ah, I understand now. We haven't seen the best of Arsenal because we consistently fail to challenge for the league and that isn't Wenger's fault.

Step aside those of you who are obtuse, begone with you if you are ignorant and I have no interest morons, dimwits and the intellectually deprived.

We have a new form of stupid in town and this sheriff's name is Monty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    So Burnley don't think they can win the league but are performing above their potential?

You do sprout some utter crap at times
    I said in my previous post "perceived contenders at the start of the season"

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Ah, I understand now. We haven't seen the best of Arsenal because we consistently fail to challenge for the league and that isn't Wenger's fault.

Step aside those of you who are obtuse, begone with you if you are ignorant and I have no interest morons, dimwits and the intellectually deprived.

We have a new form of stupid in town and this sheriff's name is Monty.
    No, I meant this season. Other seasons you're free to criticise Wenger. I'm a fair man.