Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The annoying thing about teams running away with the league so early in the season is

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    that it pretty much guarantees that every other perceived contender when the season started will fail to demonstrate their full potential.

It’s simply not psychologically possible for a team to operate at their full potential when the league has already gone and second is the best you can hope for.

This is why, unless you think we should be ahead of Man City based on our potential, you have no right to criticise Wenger.

Or something...
    How long before a playoff system is introduced?

that it pretty much guarantees that every other perceived contender when the season started will fail to demonstrate their full potential.

It’s simply not psychologically possible for a team to operate at their full potential when the league has already gone and second is the best you can hope for.

This is why, unless you think we should be ahead of Man City based on our potential, you have no right to criticise Wenger.

Or something...
    If VAR was in place, we'd be a lot closer

Just the TWO players offside
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Man Utd probably played a bit in 3rd gear since August too. Chelsea as well, but their lack of motivation is down to having won it last year. Basically it was City's to lose this time round and they've made the most of it.
    Incorrect as they have simply struggled to cope with the prolonged absense of Pogba.

Unfortunately he was back when they played us.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Just the TWO players offside
    They were still winning 2-1 at the time.

2-1 is easier to come back from than 3-1
    Obvs

2-1 is easier to come back from than 3-1
    Obvs

Yes I am quite sure they would have added a third had they not added the third when they did.

Anyhow, a silly discussion as they won and we lost.

We would have won had de Gea not done his job as a goalkeeper. That’s another silly one.

I was endorsing PSRB with his VAR comment
    Organically the ire towards the officials for missing two clear offside players is justified
    At that stage in the game we were on the up and more likely to score
    It would have also been likely that 2018 Champions City would have scored again
    I will quit now because I agree with you that much of this is pointless

There is a Jam documentary on the Telly this week

There is a Jam documentary on the Telly this week
    If it is the often repeated Sky Arts documentary I own it on DVD (along with the extra DVD of a Rockpalast live concert from 1980 which is better viewing than the actual documentary).

I thank you anyway.

You even got the channel right
    Friday night and close to Midnight
    You are 100% correct
    as you almost always are