Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: The most disturbing thing about the lack of FGM prosecutions in the UK is that in all

The most disturbing thing about the lack of FGM prosecutions in the UK is that in all

of the cases investigated, the parents were found to be entirely sane, functional and to all intents and purposes 'good' parents.

This is why there have been no prosecutions. In each case it was simply deemed not to be in the children's best interests to remove parents from a functioning family unit when all they'd done was exercise their religious freedom.

And this, my friends, is how you normalise religious barbarism.

Peter!!!!!!111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    of the cases investigated, the parents were found to be entirely sane, functional and to all intents and purposes 'good' parents.

This is why there have been no prosecutions. In each case it was simply deemed not to be in the children's best interests to remove parents from a functioning family unit when all they'd done was exercise their religious freedom.

I know this might be radical, but how about just start 1 post about Muslim, imigration etc and stick to that.... rather than making every other topic go off subject.... it is getting boring
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I know this might be radical, but how about just start 1 post about Muslim, imigration etc and stick to that.... rather than making every other topic go off subject.... it is getting boring
    This is the first thread I've started on the Allans today

Just out of interest, where do you stand on MGM?

This is the first thread I've started on the Allans today
    You started one on Sanchez and then went off topic...and now think you need to start a new one
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Just out of interest, where do you stand on MGM?
    I waver. Given that it's basically harmless (and quite obviously nicer cosmetically), should we also ban the piercing of children's ears by parents?

I waver. Given that it's basically harmless (and quite obviously nicer cosmetically), should we also ban the piercing of children's ears by parents?
    I dont really have an opinion either. I suppose I would like parents to be able to make these decisions themselves (wisely) but there is a line where that freedom has to end. I just dont know where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I dont really have an opinion either. I suppose I would like parents to be able to make these decisions themselves (wisely) but there is a line where that freedom has to end. I just dont know where it is.
    That line is definitely - definitely! - before FGM, and if it takes you longer than 3 seconds to work that out you need a new hobby.

That line is definitely - definitely! - before FGM, and if it takes you longer than 3 seconds to work that out you need a new hobby.
    I have been thinking of a new hobby. Perhaps something to do with war memorabilia.