Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: May I ask, in an entirely judgement-free way, whether our resident Sanchez bashers

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I think it's possible that we already do an adequate amount to help them integrate, what with them having all the freedoms to follow their own paths in life that they would be denied in their home country.

I also treat the suggestion with disdain, since it is clearly intended as a fudge designed to divert attention away from the true root causes that dare not speak their name.
    Well the word 'integrate' is pretty loaded, isn't it? After all, attempting to impose our cultural norms or mores on immigrant communities has long been anathema as far as the advocates of multiculturalism are concerned.

I would probably start by discouraging public officials from abandoning thousands of girls to the depredations of Muslim rape gangs, inspired and motivated by Islamic teachings on the treatment of infidel women, for fear of being called "racist" and "Islamophobic".

Seems like a decent place to start, no?
    Sounds like a lot of fun but I am not sure I understand what the actual action is.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well the word 'integrate' is pretty loaded, isn't it? After all, attempting to impose our cultural norms or mores on immigrant communities has long been anathema as far as the advocates of multiculturalism are concerned.
    Yes, but we could at least create an environment in which they do not feel persecuted. Because we've seen what happens when we don't . A man can only take reading so many bigoted Daily Mail headlines before he's inclined to lash out at someone - and if that someone happens to be an underage girl and lashing out involves sticking his ***** in them and calling them "white trash" then I for one feel that the onus is on us to do something about it.
    Last edited by Monty92; 12-13-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It is rather difficult to impose values on someone, isnt it? Is that not one of the major issues with the whole multicultural debate, the PC agenda, the 'conspiracy of silence' over Brexit?

The issue is more 'these are our values, these are our customs, these are our laws- **** with them at your peril and expect to face the full consequences'.

I understand that you and Monty will say that the reluctance of officials to tackle these breaches is rooted in the fear of being branded racist/islamophobic/a bad person and that we need to tackle that first. I agree, but this is where you tackle that reluctance- in upholding the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Sounds like a lot of fun but I am not sure I understand what the actual action is.
    How do you ever get someone to change their actions? You persuade them to do so. In the case of public officials engaging in a systematic cover up of child rapes, I would encourage them to consider whether their fear of being called "racist" and "Islamophobic" morally justifies them engaging in such a cover up.

Of course, I am relatively powerless, but the problem is that even those who do have the potential to change attitudes are silenced as well.

I think I would be more kindly disposed to these moslem chaps if they desisted from wearing their pyjamas during the daytime. Difficult to trust a chap that spends the whole day in his nightwear.

Furthermore my wife says that men wearing sandals all the time usually have no intention of doing any work.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I think I would be more kindly disposed to these moslem chaps if they desisted from wearing their pyjamas during the daytime. Difficult to trust a chap that spends the whole day in his nightwear.

Furthermore my wife says that men wearing sandals all the time usually have no intention of doing any work.
    You monstrous racist! A man's basic human rights to wear pyjamas and sandals and rape children are what we fought Hitler for.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It is rather difficult to impose values on someone, isnt it? Is that not one of the major issues with the whole multicultural debate, the PC agenda, the 'conspiracy of silence' over Brexit?

The issue is more 'these are our values, these are our customs, these are our laws- **** with them at your peril and expect to face the full consequences'.

I understand that you and Monty will say that the reluctance of officials to tackle these breaches is rooted in the fear of being branded racist/islamophobic/a bad person and that we need to tackle that first. I agree, but this is where you tackle that reluctance- in upholding the law.
    I wholly concur, but would take issue with your distinction between the law and our culture. Our law is to a large extent a manifestation of our culture and there is little doubt that there has been and remains a politically-led reluctance to uphold it where Islamic communities are concerned. This reluctance is what has allowed things like the rape gangs and FGM to flourish. Our authorities - be it national government, the judiciary, police, education bodies or local government - have deliberately prioritised 'sensitivity' towards one ethno-religious group above the upholding of the law. In doing so, they have abandoned huge numbers of victims and in fact served to heighten ethnic tensions across the board. This policy - and there can be little doubt it has amounted to a policy - has been a disgraceful example of identity politics being allowed to trump justice, decency and the duty of a state to protect its citizens.

Well it's gonna be piss-all in Jan, isn't it. £40m max?
    Won't even get £20million for him. The only hope is that other clubs know he'll go to City in the summer if they don't act now and offer us silly money to get him in Jan. But then if it's true that he only has eyes for Pep then he'd just turn them down and get £400k+ per week from August.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    At this point sold. I think he is tremendous player but I think he is causing disruption. It's hard to go back from that.
    I would drop him and play Ramsey and Wilshere in the same team. Or bring Iwobi in for him.

Love that JW10 told him to f**k off to his face. Wd Jack.