Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: May I ask, in an entirely judgement-free way, whether our resident Sanchez bashers

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The problem is that the second issue stems directly from your attitude to the first. Blind eyes have been turned precisely because people like you think it’s terribly important for immigrants to follow their own cultural path. That attitude has infected officialdom to a point now I that the idea of acting in an official capacity against Muslims now paralyses the authorities with fear.
    People like me dont accept that as an excuse. Its pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    People like me dont accept that as an excuse. Its pathetic.
    The average Guardian reader is the first to froth at the mouth in discussions of Trojan Horse schools or Prevent-style anti-terrorism measures - and that is the sort of pressure that paralyses authorities into inaction across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The average Guardian reader is the first to froth at the mouth in discussions of Trojan Horse schools or Prevent-style anti-terrorism measures - and that is the sort of pressure that paralyses authorities into inaction across the board.
    Well firstly I resent being lumped in with Guardian readers.

Secondly, Prevent is total and utter *******s and precisely the sort of lip service that facilitates the inaction that angers you. It is worthless activity.

Well firstly I resent being lumped in with Guardian readers.

Secondly, Prevent is total and utter *******s and precisely the sort of lip service that facilitates the inaction that angers you. It is worthless activity.
    But in the milieu of the education system, I don't think there's any viable alternative to a soft-touch programme like Prevent.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    But in the milieu of the education system, I don't think there's any viable alternative to a soft-touch programme like Prevent.
    Agreed.. but it is still ****. I passed the course, only just.

I failed the online course on unconscious bias and had to have an interview with HR.

Agreed.. but it is still ****. I passed the course, only just.

I failed the online course on unconscious bias and had to have an interview with HR.
    I was thinking about unconscious bias the other day. I can clearly point to the factor in my life that made me unconsciously biased against ethnic minorities and that was going to a school with loads of the human detritus. So much for the benefits of exposing children to diversity.

I was thinking about unconscious bias the other day. I can clearly point to the factor in my life that made me unconsciously biased against ethnic minorities and that was going to a school with loads of the human detritus. So much for the benefits of exposing children to diversity.
    And with me it had precisely the opposite effect. Maybe you are just you and I am me, and the rest is just a hill of beans.....

And with me it had precisely the opposite effect. Maybe you are just you and I am me, and the rest is just a hill of beans.....
    But by your own admission you went to a very good school that needed entrance exams. I suspect the ethnics you mixed with were of a higher standard than the ones I mixed with (i.e. middle class and/or with pushy, aspirational parents). And that may be why you came away feeling all warm and fuzzy about them and why I never wanted to see one ever again.

But by your own admission you went to a very good school that needed entrance exams. I suspect the ethnics you mixed with were of a higher standard than the ones I mixed with (i.e. middle class and/or with pushy, aspirational parents). And that may be why you came away feeling all warm and fuzzy about them and why I never wanted to see one ever again.
    I was thinking more of a primary school. As you say, I went to a very good secondary school- there were relatively few ethnic minorities there.......a few asians dotted about.

I was thinking more of a primary school. As you say, I went to a very good secondary school- there were relatively few ethnic minorities there.......a few asians dotted about.
    Oh I had no problems with them at primary school. But by secondary school the chips on their shoulders were firmly in place.

My best friend at primary was an Indian kid actually. My grandma didn't like me going round to his house because "they eat off the floor".