Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Two cricket related questions, if I may.

Two cricket related questions, if I may.

1. Is it worth bringing in Mark Wood for the Perth test? I'm told that he bowled at a decent lick in the Lions game & the complaint levied against England's phalanx of seamers is that they're not quick enough. If so, who misses out? Potentially Mo as I'm not sure of the value in a (poor) spinner at Perth.

2. Is there any hope at all than Ben Stokes will be involved in proceedings? Can you imagine the lift it would give the squad if we could dispense with Malan and bring him in.

Anyway, I suppose that none of it really matters since we are going to lose 5-0 despite not being that much worse. It just seems that the Aussies win the sessions when it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    1. Is it worth bringing in Mark Wood for the Perth test? I'm told that he bowled at a decent lick in the Lions game & the complaint levied against England's phalanx of seamers is that they're not quick enough. If so, who misses out? Potentially Mo as I'm not sure of the value in a (poor) spinner at Perth.

2. Is there any hope at all than Ben Stokes will be involved in proceedings? Can you imagine the lift it would give the squad if we could dispense with Malan and bring him in.

Anyway, I suppose that none of it really matters since we are going to lose 5-0 despite not being that much worse. It just seems that the Aussies win the sessions when it matters.
    1) Yes, he has to play.... still need a spinner so drop a seamer
    2) No chance, he can't play until the CPS decide if he has a charge to face and the ECB decided that he can't play while there is a possible charge... I doubt he will even play the 1 dayers
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Word is he won’t get in before the fourth test due to his injury

We? Fúckin we! Who is 'we' you insufferable Saffa bellend

. . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Word is he won’t get in before the fourth test due to his injury
    Well it's not really going to be much help when we're 3-0 down, is it?

Bring him in for Mo who has added nothing on the tour to date. That way, if he breaks down we still have a few troops that can keep steaming in. He can still bat if worse comes to worse.

If not, we may as well give Curran a go. Even got himself a 50 in the Lions game.

Well it's not really going to be much help when we're 3-0 down, is it?

Bring him in for Mo who has added nothing on the tour to date. That way, if he breaks down we still have a few troops that can keep steaming in. He can still bat if worse comes to worse.

If not, we may as well give Curran a go. Even got himself a 50 in the Lions game.
    I think the idea is to preserve the chap's career for the longer term rather than just breaking him because we're two down in a five test series.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think the idea is to preserve the chap's career for the longer term rather than just breaking him because we're two down in a five test series.
    Oh you are just as bad as England's other limp wristed selectors.

How's that Hippocratic Oath coming along, r?

Better than our limp-wristed no 3 who after the false dawn of the first innings in Brisbane has proved to be an utter useless **** once again. Ali has had two poor Tests (coming straight off an injury it has to be said) and you want him dropped, ffs. He's been a matchwinner all year, deserves more respect and patience than that