Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My drive to work this morning took half the time this morning it usually does.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I work in Enfield, m. I seriously doubt there are any ‘superior’ schools.
    Even more reason for making a show out of it by taking the day off of it, I'd say.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Why? Because hundreds of schools have been closed due to snow that has prevented precisely no-one else in the area getting to work and has now almost entirely melted. However, teachers considered it too ‘dangerous’ to allow children to go to school, thus forcing god knows how many parents to either take the day off or work from home to look after their kids.

Teachers - like most in the public sector - really are idle, lying, workshy cùnts.
    Indeed. A school nearby has been closed for two days. Several others in the town are all open. The reason. A hill leading up to the main school, which is within the school's land, is deemed too hazardous. The hill is really nothing to write home about and have none of these clowns heard of rock salt ? A call to the council perhaps ?

Why? Because hundreds of schools have been closed due to snow that has prevented precisely no-one else in the area getting to work and has now almost entirely melted. However, teachers considered it too ‘dangerous’ to allow children to go to school, thus forcing god knows how many parents to either take the day off or work from home to look after their kids.

Teachers - like most in the public sector - really are idle, lying, workshy cùnts.
    Of course the decision to close the schools is made by the relevant Head or perhaps Government department at a local or perhaps national level, no decision regarding school closures is actually made by the teachers.

We had two days closure recently due to the storm Ophelia, wind essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Of course the decision to close the schools is made by the relevant Head or perhaps Government department at a local or perhaps national level, no decision regarding school closures is actually made by the teachers.

We had two days closure recently due to the storm Ophelia, wind essentially.
    Head teachers are on a hiding to nothing, in the modern culture we live in if a child gets injured because the playground hadn't been cleared of forst/snow then the school would have a legal issue.

In the olden days schools hardly ever shut as there was no social media to tell parents, so kids went to school, played in the snow and got on with it.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar