Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: My drive to work this morning took half the time this morning it usually does.

  1. #1

    My drive to work this morning took half the time this morning it usually does.

    Why? Because hundreds of schools have been closed due to snow that has prevented precisely no-one else in the area getting to work and has now almost entirely melted. However, teachers considered it too ‘dangerous’ to allow children to go to school, thus forcing god knows how many parents to either take the day off or work from home to look after their kids.

    Teachers - like most in the public sector - really are idle, lying, workshy cłnts.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Why? Because hundreds of schools have been closed due to snow that has prevented precisely no-one else in the area getting to work and has now almost entirely melted. However, teachers considered it too ‘dangerous’ to allow children to go to school, thus forcing god knows how many parents to either take the day off or work from home to look after their kids.

    Teachers - like most in the public sector - really are idle, lying, workshy cłnts.
    Health and safety, b. The parents are charging the gates with lawsuits if their kid so much as grazes a knee.

    That said, I am missing three staff today because of the ****ing schools....

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Why? Because hundreds of schools have been closed due to snow that has prevented precisely no-one else in the area getting to work and has now almost entirely melted. However, teachers considered it too ‘dangerous’ to allow children to go to school, thus forcing god knows how many parents to either take the day off or work from home to look after their kids.

    Teachers - like most in the public sector - really are idle, lying, workshy cłnts.
    Would never happen in "Europe", b

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Health and safety, b. The parents are charging the gates with lawsuits if their kid so much as grazes a knee.

    That said, I am missing three staff today because of the ****ing schools....
    Schools are hardly the only organisations in the country with a duty of care, are they, p? And yet they are the only ones closing. Hmmm.

    Also, how many independent schools are closed? Very few. And yet they also look after children and could potentially be liable.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Why? Because hundreds of schools have been closed due to snow that has prevented precisely no-one else in the area getting to work and has now almost entirely melted. However, teachers considered it too ‘dangerous’ to allow children to go to school, thus forcing god knows how many parents to either take the day off or work from home to look after their kids.

    Teachers - like most in the public sector - really are idle, lying, workshy cłnts.
    You could also blame the traffic you usually experience on the middle class parents who choose to send their kids to superior schools that are a drive away, rather than settling for the one around the corner.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    You could also blame the traffic you usually experience on the middle class parents who choose to send their kids to superior schools that are a drive away, rather than settling for the one around the corner.
    I work in Enfield, m. I seriously doubt there are any ‘superior’ schools.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Schools are hardly the only organisations in the country with a duty of care, are they, p? And yet they are the only ones closing. Hmmm.

    Also, how many independent schools are closed? Very few. And yet they also look after children and could potentially be liable.
    THe other organisations arent full of kids, b. Unless the safety of our children isnt important to you? Hmm? Eh? Eh?

    Independent schools cant close- parents would ask for refunds.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I work in Enfield, m. I seriously doubt there are any ‘superior’ schools.
    Ahem- Excuse me!

    I went to one of the top state schools in the country- in Enfield. Funnily enough, it is awash with kids from Muswell Hill, Highgate, the better parts of Finchley.

    St Ignatius is ok, as is Southgate. The others are effectively borstals.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Ahem- Excuse me!

    I went to one of the top state schools in the country- in Enfield. Funnily enough, it is awash with kids from Muswell Hill, Highgate, the better parts of Finchley.

    St Ignatius is ok, as is Southgate. The others are effectively borstals.
    But - with respect - that was an awfully long time ago, wasn't it, p?

    It's like me and Croydon. I was rather fond and defensive of the place when I grew up there. It's now a cesspit.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    THe other organisations arent full of kids, b. Unless the safety of our children isnt important to you? Hmm? Eh? Eh?

    Independent schools cant close- parents would ask for refunds.
    The safety of children is no more or less important to me than the safety of every other bugger.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •