Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ostersunds....swedes

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Let us compare:
    "I don't discount what bgm says, I put it into context and place it with other information". Not a dismissal of his views, I would say

Can you not see how monstrously arrogant your presumption of the people I know, their social status, what they do, how long they have lived there and your complete dismissal of their views? You say BGM's views carry weight as he lives in the country but have previously dismissed my views on the migrant situation in Germany as irrelevant as I "probably don't live in an area that has those sort of problems", a comment made with no knowledge of where I live here or more importantly the area I work - or the people I know here or the experiences I, or they have had.

In short, don't call people arrogant when there are countless examples of your own spectacular arrogance that can easily be thrown back at you. Just in this thread alone

I still love you as a poster, though, b

I am going to the pub to drink beer and eat pork - because I still can
    You were the one who made the first accusaiton of arrogance, not me. I made assumptions about your friends' backgrounds and made it clear that I was making assumptions based on certain likelihoods. If I'm wholly wrong and your friends hold none of the types of view or socio-economic statuses I suggest, but are instead downtown Malmo-dwelling members of the white working class, I apologise.

And you put bgm's comments in a 'context' of your own choosing that just so happened to coincide with your prejudices. Let's neither of us pretend that we are disinterested or dispassionate. We're plainly not.

Enjoy your evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You realise, of course, that your chums saying everything’s fine are the equivalent of Highgate or Richmond residents telling people who live in Bradford, Rotherham or Tower Hamlets to stop moaning because there’s nothing to worry about - and if they disagree, they’re racist?

Also, I’m curious about just when you will consider bgm qualifies to speak? When a ‘refugee’ steals from him or rapes his other half? What degree of suffering does he have to endure before you will consider his concerns valid?

I like you, b- which is reading rants like this is so crushingly disappointing. I secretly hope that one day you are going to admit it was all a joke.

Leaving aside our prejudices, it is patently hysterical and the other end of the spectrum from the laughable nonsense you like to point out in the Guardian. You are not prone to this on any other topic. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I like you, b- which is reading rants like this is so crushingly disappointing. I secretly hope that one day you are going to admit it was all a joke.

Leaving aside our prejudices, it is patently hysterical and the other end of the spectrum from the laughable nonsense you like to point out in the Guardian. You are not prone to this on any other topic. What gives?
    I sincerely believe that as a society - hell, as a civilisation - we are skipping gaily towards utter catastrophe and I despair at the complacency and unthinking complicity of otherwise decent people who think that denying the obvious truth of what is happening represents a morally virtuous position.
    Last edited by Burney; 12-11-2017 at 08:59 PM.

I sincerely believe that as a society - hell, as a civilisation - we are skipping gaily towards utter catastrophe and I despair at the complacency and unthinking complicity of otherwise decent people who think that denying the obvious truth of what is happening is a morally virtuous position.
    There it is again...hell, catastrophe.... and people call me miserable

There it is again...hell, catastrophe.... and people call me miserable
    We are in the new period of Volkswanderung. Last time that happened it took us 1,400 years to regain what we lost.

We are in the new period of Volkswanderung. Last time that happened it took us 1,400 years to regain what we lost.
    Really? Because it feels a lot more like Rivers of Blood to me. And as we know, dear old Enoch was pretty horribly wrong in his forecasts. They ring very true with yours, b.

Some day we will all laugh about this. For now, have a bit more faith in your political system to manage immigration more sensibly in the future. And if it isnt too much of a push, have a little faith in the settling populations. THey majority quickly come to love it here.

Really? Because it feels a lot more like Rivers of Blood to me. And as we know, dear old Enoch was pretty horribly wrong in his forecasts. They ring very true with yours, b.

Some day we will all laugh about this. For now, have a bit more faith in your political system to manage immigration more sensibly in the future. And if it isnt too much of a push, have a little faith in the settling populations. THey majority quickly come to love it here.
    Ermmm....Enoch was entirely right, p. Indeed, his predictions didn’t go far enough. If you’d told people in the late 60s that by 2017, the majority of London’s population would be non-indigenous, 40+% would be foreign born, we’d have seen repeated murderous terrorist attacks by Muslim extremists; we’d be seriously worrying about blasphemy again for the first time since the 16th century and the mayor would be a bloke called Sadiq Khan, they’d have laughed at you.

And yet here we are.
    Last edited by Burney; 12-11-2017 at 11:17 PM.

Just seen on the news that a few synagogues have been attacked over the weekend. Three refugees arrested in connection with one of the attacks. On Friday 200 Arabs marched in Malmo and chanted anti-Semitic stuff. Today the Swedish PM has come out and said he’s worried about anti-semitism among the immigrant population from the Middle East. Who’d have thought it eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Just seen on the news that a few synagogues have been attacked over the weekend. Three refugees arrested in connection with one of the attacks. On Friday 200 Arabs marched in Malmo and chanted anti-Semitic stuff. Today the Swedish PM has come out and said he’s worried about anti-semitism among the immigrant population from the Middle East. Who’d have thought it eh?
    Jews are the canary in the coalmine, bgm. When they’re scared, you know everyone else is next.

Ermmm....Enoch was entirely right, p. Indeed, his predictions didn’t go far enough. If you’d told people in the late 60s that by 2017, the majority of London’s population would be non-indigenous, 40+% would be foreign born, we’d have seen repeated murderous terrorist attacks by Muslim extremists; we’d be seriously worrying about blasphemy again for the first time since the 16th century and the mayor would be a bloke called Sadiq Khan, they’d have laughed at you.

And yet here we are.
    He was utterly wrong and you know it. He was talking about black immigration and you know it. He said there would be great bloodshed (there wasnt), he said numerically their presence would be on a par with the USA (it isnt), he said it would be the total transformation of our entire country (it wasnt) and he said the black man would hold the whip over the white man (surely even you are not going to argue on that point).

He was wrong. He knew it as well. The speech was deliberately provocative and a massive over statement of both the situation and the trend. It was deliberately alarmist.

This is pretty what I am accusing you of.