Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ostersunds....swedes

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Ask bgm about some of the impacts of unchecked immigration of ‘refugees’ into Sweden and the consequent mendacious activities of the political and media classes, la. He actually lives there.
    Yes - and he moans constantly about stuff he has heard. Note that none of the things he mentions actually effect him directly - he just reports the equivalent of the Daily Mail scaremongering. I love how you patronisingly think that my only source of information on life in Sweden could be bgm, by the way, I have very many friends throughout the country that will tell you the dystopian hell that that certain outlets would like you to believe is quite frankly a crock of ****

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yes - and he moans constantly about stuff he has heard. Note that none of the things he mentions actually effect him directly - he just reports the equivalent of the Daily Mail scaremongering. I love how you patronisingly think that my only source of information on life in Sweden could be bgm, by the way, I have very many friends throughout the country that will tell you the dystopian hell that that certain outlets would like you to believe is quite frankly a crock of ****
    You realise, of course, that your chums saying everything’s fine are the equivalent of Highgate or Richmond residents telling people who live in Bradford, Rotherham or Tower Hamlets to stop moaning because there’s nothing to worry about - and if they disagree, they’re racist?

Also, I’m curious about just when you will consider bgm qualifies to speak? When a ‘refugee’ steals from him or rapes his other half? What degree of suffering does he have to endure before you will consider his concerns valid?
    Last edited by Burney; 12-11-2017 at 01:45 PM.

You realise, of course, that your chums saying everything’s fine are the equivalent of Highgate or Richmond residents telling people who live in Bradford, Rotherham or Tower Hamlets to stop moaning because there’s nothing to worry about - and if they disagree, they’re racist?

Also, I’m curious about just when you will consider bgm qualifies to speak? When a ‘refugee’ steals from him or rapes his other half? What degree of suffering does he have to endure before you will consider his concerns valid?
    You know where my friends live and what they do, you? What wonderful vantage point you manage to gain from your high horse, b

I don't discount what bgm says, I put it into context and place it with other information. Something you are shockingly unable to do

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    About a two hour drive from me. Still quite cold that time of year. Could be anything from 0’C to -20’C. Quite close to Åre, the best ski resort we have. Make a long weekend of it and go skiing imo.

You know where my friends live and what they do, you? What wonderful vantage point you manage to gain from your high horse, b

I don't discount what bgm says, I put it into context and place it with other information. Something you are shockingly unable to do
    No, but I take into account your views and status and assume that (as with most people) they are largely reflected in your friendship group. Not an unreasonable assumption, I think. I also take into account the fact that the demonstrably wilful refusal of the average left-leaning Euro-liberal such as yourself to acknowledge the disaster that unchecked immigration of young, male, muslim migrants has been is as much an intrinsic part of this story as the migrants themselves. So I factor in your bias and the likely bias of your friends and do put these things in context - just not a context you particularly like.

No, but I take into account your views and status and assume that (as with most people) they are largely reflected in your friendship group. Not an unreasonable assumption, I think. I also take into account the fact that the demonstrably wilful refusal of the average left-leaning Euro-liberal such as yourself to acknowledge the disaster that unchecked immigration of young, male, muslim migrants has been is as much an intrinsic part of this story as the migrants themselves. So I factor in your bias and the likely bias of your friends and do put these things in context - just not a context you particularly like.
    "here are my prejudices, I will see everything through my prejudices". SAD, b

"here are my prejudices, I will see everything through my prejudices". SAD, b
    No more or less than you see everything through yours.

No more or less than you see everything through yours.
    Show me where I have been arrogant enough to suggest that you only know - and listen to - people of only one political persuasion and you might have a point. Particularly on this issue when you bought up the views of one bloke who has posted some stuff on the internet to back up your point and then disparaged the views of people I actual have known for years and, sorry, don't fit your cliched characterisation of them

Show me where I have been arrogant enough to suggest that you only know - and listen to - people of only one political persuasion and you might have a point. Particularly on this issue when you bought up the views of one bloke who has posted some stuff on the internet to back up your point and then disparaged the views of people I actual have known for years and, sorry, don't fit your cliched characterisation of them
    Can you really not see how monstrously arrogant of your dismissal of bgm's inconvenient views is?

Can you really not see how monstrously arrogant of your dismissal of bgm's inconvenient views is?
    Let us compare:
    "I don't discount what bgm says, I put it into context and place it with other information". Not a dismissal of his views, I would say

Can you not see how monstrously arrogant your presumption of the people I know, their social status, what they do, how long they have lived there and your complete dismissal of their views? You say BGM's views carry weight as he lives in the country but have previously dismissed my views on the migrant situation in Germany as irrelevant as I "probably don't live in an area that has those sort of problems", a comment made with no knowledge of where I live here or more importantly the area I work - or the people I know here or the experiences I, or they have had.

In short, don't call people arrogant when there are countless examples of your own spectacular arrogance that can easily be thrown back at you. Just in this thread alone

I still love you as a poster, though, b

I am going to the pub to drink beer and eat pork - because I still can