Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So both Boris Johnson and the self-proclaimed 'reformist' counter-extremism

So both Boris Johnson and the self-proclaimed 'reformist' counter-extremism

think tank the Quilliam Foundation have both given key note speeches/released reports about Islamist terrorism/Muslim grooming gangs over the past few days, and neither of them felt it was relevant to mention that the central messages of the main Islamic religious texts endorse these actions and that this *might* be part of the problem.

Un-be-lievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    think tank the Quilliam Foundation have both given key note speeches/released reports about Islamist terrorism/Muslim grooming gangs over the past few days, and neither of them felt it was relevant to mention that the central messages of the main Islamic religious texts endorse these actions and that this *might* be part of the problem.

Un-be-lievable.
    This, from The Times, made me chuckle. Look at where the focus is shifted:

"More than 80% of people convicted of child-grooming offences are Asian, a report will reveal this week.

The research, by the anti-extremism organisation Quilliam, looked at 58 cases of grooming gangs identified in the UK between 2005 and 2017, which led to 264 convictions for grooming.

Of the 264 offenders, 84% were of Asian heritage, mostly Pakistani; 8% were black and 7% were white.

Haras Rafiq, chief executive of Quilliam, said: “There has been a lot of coverage of grooming gangs recently, ranging from the politically correct, who don’t want to talk about it, and the bigots who want to use it for hate.

“Not talking about it doesn’t make the problem go away, and letting bigots hijack the debate creates further division in society. We as a society need to tackle this head on.”"

Un-be-lievable.
    Bit heavy this Monty. Let's talk about Snow or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Snow is racist. FACT.

Why do you think they tell you not to eat it when it's yellow? Xenophobic fear of foreign muck, imo.

Un-be-lievable.
    I am NOT going to get sucked in.

No Chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I'm flying home on Thursday, p - will the horrible weather be gone by then?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    We didn't get any snow this weekend....sad seens la
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I am NOT going to get sucked in.

No Chance!
    Why do you support the rape of young white British girls by brown-skinned invaders, Peter?

Why won't you think of the children?

Why do you support the rape of young white British girls by brown-skinned invaders, Peter?

Why won't you think of the children?
    Grrrrrrr.......

Dont rise to it........

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I suspect all the snow will be gone by later today.

It wasn't forecast and it was quite a bit, however this morning is now a nice combination of sleety rain and wind. very nice on a Monday morning then sitting in a broken down train at Drayton park for 40 mins was fun too at least I could have a look at the Emirates.

I saw this on the BBC
    'Temperatures dropped to as low as -12C overnight, at Chillingham Barns'
    With a name like that I'm not surprised.