Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I bloody love Giroud. Deserves to start against West Ham

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He's a good player - he is not one of the best ten players in the world. You argue like a child
    I think he would probably be even worse in a better side. City dodged a bullet there. THey absolutely do not need him.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Moment of magic+89 minutes of complete and utter ****= substitute.

If we want a footballing cretin who might create something from the bench we already have THeo. Although that ****ing beard is going to take some getting used to.
    I'd have kept Lacazette on and taken Sanchez off yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    How dare you?*

*He is so ner.
    He is still very frustrating though. Surely you would admit that

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You need the context here. He isnt giving the ball away by trying to play intricate passes into the box. The vast majority are him dribbling into crowded areas when there is no need to do so. He is giving the ball away because he keeps taking the wrong option. He didnt use to do it.

Basically, he is a ****ing **** and, as everyone bar Monty knows, we should have sold him in the summer. Keeping him is looking as bad a decision as many of us feared.

I cant wait for him to leave.
    I saw Ozil take the wrong option on Saturday. I'm still stunned.

It was when we broke and Ramsey, I think, was clean through, unmarked to his left but he passed out to his right

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I saw Ozil take the wrong option on Saturday. I'm still stunned.

It was when we broke and Ramsey, I think, was clean through, unmarked to his left but he passed out to his right
    He would have had his reasons. Reasons us mere mortals wouldn't understand.

Dennis would have understood the reason. But then Dennis would have created an even better option by realigning the entire situation. Becauase that is what he did. Because he was Dennis. And he could do anything he wanted.....

He is still very frustrating though. Surely you would admit that
    I dunno, it's weird, I can see the stats are terrible, but I honestly can't say he ever frustrates me. I have no obvious reason to defend him any more than any other player, but it seems to be a blindspot. I get infinitely more frustrated with, say, Bellerin, who I sometimes think has managed to con the entire football world into thinking he's anything beyond average.

I just think Sanchez is fúcking great. Whilst not a like-for-like comparison at all, he's the closest thing we've had to Henry in terms of being able to do lots of things very, very well, with the added benefit of being absolutely insatiable in his desire.
    Last edited by Monty92; 12-11-2017 at 10:55 AM.

I dunno, it's weird, I can see the stats are terrible, but I honestly can't say he ever frustrates me. I have no obvious reason to defend him any more than any other player, but it seems to be a blindspot. I get infinitely more frustrated with, say, Bellerin, who I sometimes think has managed to con the entire football world into thinking he's anything beyond average.

I just think Sanchez is fúcking great. Whilst not a like-for-like comparison at all, he's the closest thing we've had to Henry in terms of being able to do lots of things very, very well, with the added benefit of being absolutely insatiable in his desire.
    Would agree with most of that but I think he lacks a "leetle" bit the intelligence that the top, top players have. And you could argue it's a minor quibble, given what he is capable of, but the balance between instinct and judgement is weighs a little bit heavily towards the former for him to be one of the truly top players. I may be talking *******s of course

Would agree with most of that but I think he lacks a "leetle" bit the intelligence that the top, top players have. And you could argue it's a minor quibble, given what he is capable of, but the balance between instinct and judgement is weighs a little bit heavily towards the former for him to be one of the truly top players. I may be talking *******s of course
    I dunno. I see him in the same vein as Suarez. Their instinctive and aggressive style of play are their greatest assets, but what makes them such special players is that all of their 'secondary' attributes are also excellent too. So, they're both technically assured, have good delivery from wide areas, have a good weight of pass, are good in the air, have a good technical shot, have INCREDIBLY fast twitch muscle fibres that allow them to get to balls first...

I dunno. I see him in the same vein as Suarez. Their instinctive and aggressive style of play are their greatest assets, but what makes them such special players is that all of their 'secondary' attributes are also excellent too. So, they're both technically assured, have good delivery from wide areas, have a good weight of pass, are good in the air, have a good technical shot, have INCREDIBLY fast twitch muscle fibres that allow them to get to balls first...
    I had trouble with Suarez as well - so you may have a point

I find your and Peter's comments incredible. For me, Sanchez is one of the top ten players in the world, Geoff.

And as you point out, even when he's shít, he still produces.
    Blimey.