Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I bloody love Giroud. Deserves to start against West Ham

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I don't know how those stats compare with other strikers. Is it a total anomaly for a player of his ilk to give the ball away so much? Could it be skewed by the fact that he is often trying to create for us and therefore eschews 'safe' passes?

Also, what were his stats in the two previous games when he was, by all accounts, fantastic?
    They are terrible by any measure - if you can't see it by watching him and ignore the stats, you probably should get another hobby, tbh. You are ****ing clueless about football.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    67 ffs - and the first half at Manchester City he was disgracefully bad at it as well
    Don't get me wrong, I'll be the first to stand up for a creative player who has to take chances with the ball on occasion. But 39 times a game? That would be unacceptable at schoolboy level.

They are terrible by any measure - if you can't see it by watching him and ignore the stats, you probably should get another hobby, tbh. You are ****ing clueless about football.
    Maybe I don't. I guess this is also why no decent clubs have any interest in signing him

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'll be the first to stand up for a creative player who has to take chances with the ball on occasion. But 39 times a game? That would be unacceptable at schoolboy level.
    Yes. Frustratingly bad. Takes me back to the Chelsea/Burnley games last season. Two games in a week. About 30* times he played a ball across the field from left to right - on all 30 occasions the opposition left back cut it out. Though Monty will tell you he was being "creative".

*made up number

even if he creates 'one moment of magic' it's not worth all the possession he loses.

it's like if I played in a 5-a-side (non awimb won) and my team loses 10-1 but I score the tremendous 1 goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Maybe I don't. I guess this is also why no decent clubs have any interest in signing him
    He's a good player - he is not one of the best ten players in the world. You argue like a child

No. Özil produced a sublime moment to put Sanchez into the amount of space when any decent player should provide a decent cross and Oli did the rest
    Bit harsh, it was a very good cross, Oli had big CB's either side of him and it was a perfect ball

You need the context here. He isnt giving the ball away by trying to play intricate passes into the box. The vast majority are him dribbling into crowded areas when there is no need to do so. He is giving the ball away because he keeps taking the wrong option. He didnt use to do it.

Basically, he is a ****ing **** and, as everyone bar Monty knows, we should have sold him in the summer. Keeping him is looking as bad a decision as many of us feared.

I cant wait for him to leave.

He's a good player - he is not one of the best ten players in the world. You argue like a child
    How dare you?*

*He is so ner.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    even if he creates 'one moment of magic' it's not worth all the possession he loses.

it's like if I played in a 5-a-side (non awimb won) and my team loses 10-1 but I score the tremendous 1 goal.
    Moment of magic+89 minutes of complete and utter ****= substitute.

If we want a footballing cretin who might create something from the bench we already have THeo. Although that ****ing beard is going to take some getting used to.