Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hmmm, tricky one, this.

Hmmm, tricky one, this.

On the one hand, it does seem a bit off shooting an unarmed chap who’s begging for his life in a hotel corridor.

On the other, it’s a genuinely terrible time to decide to pull your trousers up.

Warning: involves a fellow getting shot

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/939014159726870530

Forward to about 4.00 if you’re impatient
    Last edited by Burney; 12-08-2017 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    On the one hand, it does seem a bit off shooting an unarmed chap who’s begging for his life in a hotel corridor.

On the other, it’s a genuinely terrible time to decide to pull your trousers up.

Warning: involves a fellow getting shot

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/939014159726870530

Forward to about 4.00 if you’re impatient
    Just give me the gist. Is the shooter a policeman and is the dead guy black?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Just give me the gist. Is the shooter a policeman and is the dead guy black?
    The shootee is white. It’s not gory, if that’s what worries you. You do really need to watch it to get it. I can see both sides, tbh.

The shootee is white. It’s not gory, if that’s what worries you. You do really need to watch it to get it. I can see both sides, tbh.
    I'm sorry, if he isnt black I just dont understand why he has shot him. I watched a bit of it but the first four minutes is indescribably dull. I turned it off at 3.52.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I'm sorry, if he isnt black I just dont understand why he has shot him. I watched a bit of it but the first four minutes is indescribably dull. I turned it off at 3.52.
    It was just about to get good, ffs!

The cop just got acquitted of 2nd degree murder, proving that, while the US police are rabidly homicudal, they aren’t racist.

The copper showed all the hallmarks of cowardice. The screaming and the hair trigger

reaction and the pointless parts of the dialogue "this is not a ****ing conversation" etc. Unfit for the job.

Of course it would be interesting to know why the policeman was so scared. What was the fat boy was suspected of I wonder?

It was just about to get good, ffs!

The cop just got acquitted of 2nd degree murder, proving that, while the US police are rabidly homicudal, they aren’t racist.
    I know...I watched it until he shot him

Interesting that you take it as proof that they arent racist, as though being rabidly homicidal and racist are mutually exclusive.

The thing is, in most cases the cop is merely very poorly trained and doesnt have the judgement to be given a gun. THey shoot based on the likelihood of the 'perp' trying to shoot them. When the 'perp' in question is black the cop is more likely to believe that they are armed.

Its a kind of racism, certainly, but not Grade 1.

This obviously doesnt include the ones where they shoot them five times in the back when they are merely trying to run away.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    reaction and the pointless parts of the dialogue "this is not a ****ing conversation" etc. Unfit for the job.

Of course it would be interesting to know why the policeman was so scared. What was the fat boy was suspected of I wonder?
    "Is it a gun?
    Is it a knife?
    Is it a wallet?
    This is your life"

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    "Is it a gun?
    Is it a knife?
    Is it a wallet?
    This is your life"

Just looked it up. The dopey **** had been pointing a scoped air rifle, indiscernible from a 'real' rifle, out of his hotel room window.

It's not to say he deserved that violent death. He just got unlucky that the cop sent to deal with it was an even bigger ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Just looked it up. The dopey **** had been pointing a scoped air rifle, indiscernible from a 'real' rifle, out of his hotel room window.

It's not to say he deserved that violent death. He just got unlucky that the cop sent to deal with it was an even bigger ****.
    He deserved it.