Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm going out for chinese food tonight.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Excuse me for butting in on you food snobs.... try coming to Bradford for a decent curry and you will never complain again
    Right, so I'm the food snob but you know the 'best' place to get a curry?

I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

I see.
    How was the Chinese?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    How was the Chinese?
    It was ok, actually. Some very decent ribs.

Man, I love ribs.

I see.
    I had two curries in my recent trip to India; one in Mumbai and one in Bangalore.

They were both very good. Equal to the best curries I have had in the UK but no better than that.

Food is a global commodity, it has been for years. As soon as someone says to me 'you haven't eaten xxx countries food until you've eaten it in xxx', I immediately tune them out as I know they're talking rubbish. I've had bland Thai food in Thailand, terrible pasta in Italy etc etc etc

Now stop being silly you old goat.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I had two curries in my recent trip to India; one in Mumbai and one in Bangalore.

They were both very good. Equal to the best curries I have had in the UK but no better than that.

Food is a global commodity, it has been for years. As soon as someone says to me 'you haven't eaten xxx countries food until you've eaten it in xxx', I immediately tune them out as I know they're talking rubbish. I've had bland Thai food in Thailand, terrible pasta in Italy etc etc etc

Now stop being silly you old goat.
    You really are a complete Philistine - wd WES

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    You really are a complete Philistine - wd WES
    No, Charles is just being an attention seeking food snob and you're just being a tw@t.

The best Italian food I have ever eaten was in NY, the best French food I've ever eaten was in London. I've had terrible French food all over France, I've been to HK about 10 times and never once had a Chinese meal there that particularly impressed me. I had an inedible pizza in Verona and boring pasta in Florence. The best Spanish food I've ever eaten was in, er, um, ok well Sevilla. But that's the exception that proves the rule.

And it makes sense that a particular cuisine would be available at a high level of quality all over the world given the global nature of our economy. Cooking isn't that hard, and you can now buy fresh ingredients from all over the world pretty much anywhere. Chefs move countries and take their expertise with them, food exporters increase the variety of products they support, immigration raises demand all over the place; there are a large number of reasons to expect that you no longer need to visit the country of origin in order to experience a particular cuisine at its finest.

And let's be honest, you know f*ck all about it. That's why you're happy living in Germany.

No, Charles is just being an attention seeking food snob and you're just being a tw@t.

The best Italian food I have ever eaten was in NY, the best French food I've ever eaten was in London. I've had terrible French food all over France, I've been to HK about 10 times and never once had a Chinese meal there that particularly impressed me. I had an inedible pizza in Verona and boring pasta in Florence. The best Spanish food I've ever eaten was in, er, um, ok well Sevilla. But that's the exception that proves the rule.

And it makes sense that a particular cuisine would be available at a high level of quality all over the world given the global nature of our economy. Cooking isn't that hard, and you can now buy fresh ingredients from all over the world pretty much anywhere. Chefs move countries and take their expertise with them, food exporters increase the variety of products they support, immigration raises demand all over the place; there are a large number of reasons to expect that you no longer need to visit the country of origin in order to experience a particular cuisine at its finest.

And let's be honest, you know f*ck all about it. That's why you're happy living in Germany.
    In short, you only like food cooked in London or NY.

Right.

Right.
    Yeah right, that's exactly what that says. And nothing more.

Yeah right, that's exactly what that says. And nothing more.
    It says you don't like foreign muck. That's fair enough, but it makes one wonder why you're engaging ina discussion about foreign food.

Do you know those filthy French fúckers put garlic in their food? Can you imagine!

Right.
    And the United Arab Emirates - he loves it there, too. But then that's probably just a classic case of the bland feeding the bland
    Last edited by Luis Anaconda; 12-08-2017 at 01:18 PM.