Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm going out for chinese food tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I saw Rick Stein pretending to enjoy an oyster omelette in San Francisco. It looked rank, tbh.
    Oyster omelets in Asia are fantastic, but they're not really omelets. More a sort of egg-themed Russian roulette.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    They'll do you an omelet if you don't want foreign muck, c. Just ask them to leave out the egg.
    Their chips are the frozen wons SC
    May as well just punch their customers in the face if you ask me

Oyster omelets in Asia are fantastic, but they're not really omelets. More a sort of egg-themed Russian roulette.
    You couldn't have a baveuse oyster omelette. You wouldn't know where one snotty texture ended and the other began.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Yes, yes they have. Both in fact. Pray tell, why?
    Errrrmmmm....dunno yet. Gimme a sec.

Unfortunately, it's the worst kind of chinese food. Not for me the glories of incandescent orange gloop coating my balls, nor a good, greasey chow mein. No ribs in brown Bisto lumps or congealing duck with tinned pineapple chunks.

No, I'm going to a supposedly 'good' chinese restaurant, where they serve the kind of bland, miserable pap you get in China.

The only saving grace is that I can drink. And I intend to do so with not a little gusto.

What sort of dinner fills you with feelings of disappointment beforehand?
    I hate the standard chines food in Britain. It is boring ****. I love proper Chinese food, served in china or Malaysia, as long as I am allowed to order it myself.

British Chinese food can go and **** itself.

Thai food is boring ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I hate the standard chines food in Britain. It is boring ****. I love proper Chinese food, served in china or Malaysia, as long as I am allowed to order it myself.

British Chinese food can go and **** itself.

Thai food is boring ****.
    This displays a degree of wrongness as yet unimagined by christian men.

If Thai cuisine consisted solely of som tam it would knock Chinese food into a cócked hat. And som tam is a fúcking salad.

If Thai cuisine consisted solely of som tam it would knock Chinese food into a cócked hat. And som tam is a fúcking salad.
    It's the callous disregard for balls in orange gloop I find so distressing, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's the callous disregard for balls in orange gloop I find so distressing, tbh.
    Imagine dismissing the ribs, b. The ribs! Barbecue sauce, salt n pepper, it's all one to me. Ribs!

Meh.....I had an interesting lamb curry once. But have ne ver found it again. Its all a bit ****ty.....

I'm done with the British 'Indian'. I've probably been eating it for, what, 40 years? Because it's what you do. But it's shít. Invariably. Inevitably. Shít. It bears absolutely no resemblance whatsoever to Indian food, which is invariably excellent.

In fact, it's the exact opposite to Chinese food.

We have arrived at a great truth today.
    Stop this nonsense.

While the above statement may be 100% based in truth the joys of an "Indian" as we have all known it for 30-40 years is beyond dispute.

The crunch of the fresh pappadum dipped into lime pickle, a nice tarka daal, chicken madras maybe, buttery naan.

You're wrong and I demand you come clean.