Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: I'm going out for chinese food tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Was going to say the same about Manchester, plenty of choice on Curry mile for instance. Our local is superb, do a wonderful Pathia
    And Brum. I used to live in the Balti triangle itself.

(Not that it is authentic, of course, or even edible for corianderphobes but I'm told it was excellent)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Excuse me for butting in on you food snobs.... try coming to Bradford for a decent curry and you will never complain again
    We went for a fantastic curry in Bradford after a match up there. Cheap as ****, too. Loaded up the car with dishes to put in the freezer at home. Car smelled lovely.

Football content. Stuart ****ing McCall scored and then Ashley Cole equalised with his first Arsenal goal.
    I didn't see the ball cross the line as I was at the back of the upper tier of that little, ****ty shed thing they had/have.

finished 1-1. against Bradford. FFS.

And there is absolutely **** all wrong with a British Indian restaurant curry.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    We went for a fantastic curry in Bradford after a match up there. Cheap as ****, too. Loaded up the car with dishes to put in the freezer at home. Car smelled lovely.

Football content. Stuart ****ing McCall scored and then Ashley Cole equalised with his first Arsenal goal.
    I didn't see the ball cross the line as I was at the back of the upper tier of that little, ****ty shed thing they had/have.

finished 1-1. against Bradford. FFS.

And there is absolutely **** all wrong with a British Indian restaurant curry.
    I was hobbling around the Millennium Dome that day - hungover as **** and with a busted ankle. Truly a **** day - though at least we didn't lose as on the other occasion we went there in the Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    You really are a complete Philistine - wd WES
    No, Charles is just being an attention seeking food snob and you're just being a tw@t.

The best Italian food I have ever eaten was in NY, the best French food I've ever eaten was in London. I've had terrible French food all over France, I've been to HK about 10 times and never once had a Chinese meal there that particularly impressed me. I had an inedible pizza in Verona and boring pasta in Florence. The best Spanish food I've ever eaten was in, er, um, ok well Sevilla. But that's the exception that proves the rule.

And it makes sense that a particular cuisine would be available at a high level of quality all over the world given the global nature of our economy. Cooking isn't that hard, and you can now buy fresh ingredients from all over the world pretty much anywhere. Chefs move countries and take their expertise with them, food exporters increase the variety of products they support, immigration raises demand all over the place; there are a large number of reasons to expect that you no longer need to visit the country of origin in order to experience a particular cuisine at its finest.

And let's be honest, you know f*ck all about it. That's why you're happy living in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I am judging it for what it is.
    You are familiar with Spice Hut?

Do drop in next time, give me advance warning please.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    No, Charles is just being an attention seeking food snob and you're just being a tw@t.

The best Italian food I have ever eaten was in NY, the best French food I've ever eaten was in London. I've had terrible French food all over France, I've been to HK about 10 times and never once had a Chinese meal there that particularly impressed me. I had an inedible pizza in Verona and boring pasta in Florence. The best Spanish food I've ever eaten was in, er, um, ok well Sevilla. But that's the exception that proves the rule.

And it makes sense that a particular cuisine would be available at a high level of quality all over the world given the global nature of our economy. Cooking isn't that hard, and you can now buy fresh ingredients from all over the world pretty much anywhere. Chefs move countries and take their expertise with them, food exporters increase the variety of products they support, immigration raises demand all over the place; there are a large number of reasons to expect that you no longer need to visit the country of origin in order to experience a particular cuisine at its finest.

And let's be honest, you know f*ck all about it. That's why you're happy living in Germany.
    In short, you only like food cooked in London or NY.

Right.

In short, you only like food cooked in London or NY.

Right.
    Yeah right, that's exactly what that says. And nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yeah right, that's exactly what that says. And nothing more.
    It says you don't like foreign muck. That's fair enough, but it makes one wonder why you're engaging ina discussion about foreign food.

Do you know those filthy French fúckers put garlic in their food? Can you imagine!

It says you don't like foreign muck. That's fair enough, but it makes one wonder why you're engaging ina discussion about foreign food.

Do you know those filthy French fúckers put garlic in their food? Can you imagine!
    No, it doesn't say that at all but I can't be bothered correcting you.

You just keep telling yourself (and everyone else that will listen to you) that you know good food soooooo much better than everyone else because you're just such an awfully cool world traveler unlike the rest of us.

Many of the rest of us know it's nonsense so I guess it doesn't really do any harm and it seems to keep you happy so dig in.

It says you don't like foreign muck.
    I didn't think he said that, if I may say so. I think he said that in the modern economy chefs and ingredients can move around the world allowing effective preparation of specific cuisines to be no longer dependant on local geographical parameters.