Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm going out for chinese food tonight.

I'm going out for chinese food tonight.

Unfortunately, it's the worst kind of chinese food. Not for me the glories of incandescent orange gloop coating my balls, nor a good, greasey chow mein. No ribs in brown Bisto lumps or congealing duck with tinned pineapple chunks.

No, I'm going to a supposedly 'good' chinese restaurant, where they serve the kind of bland, miserable pap you get in China.

The only saving grace is that I can drink. And I intend to do so with not a little gusto.

What sort of dinner fills you with feelings of disappointment beforehand?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Unfortunately, it's the worst kind of chinese food. Not for me the glories of incandescent orange gloop coating my balls, nor a good, greasey chow mein. No ribs in brown Bisto lumps or congealing duck with tinned pineapple chunks.

No, I'm going to a supposedly 'good' chinese restaurant, where they serve the kind of bland, miserable pap you get in China.

The only saving grace is that I can drink. And I intend to do so with not a little gusto.

Tapas, Mexican (if in the UK) Dinners at weddings/Christmas parties.

I also had a terrible experience in LA where you had to cook your own stuff on a the grill at the table. I hated it.

Indian.

No matter how much I enjoy eating it, I always regret having done so as soon as I'm finished.

See also a full English breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Indian.

No matter how much I enjoy eating it, I always regret having done so as soon as I'm finished.

See also a full English breakfast.
    I'm done with the British 'Indian'. I've probably been eating it for, what, 40 years? Because it's what you do. But it's shít. Invariably. Inevitably. Shít. It bears absolutely no resemblance whatsoever to Indian food, which is invariably excellent.

In fact, it's the exact opposite to Chinese food.

We have arrived at a great truth today.

Any black tie do where you just know you are going to a get a mushy, mass catered standard chicken / beef dinner.

they are exactly the type of thing this was made for...

or a black tie do where you will receive poncy presentation of a any type of food whose quantity wouldn't satisfy a budgie. ****s.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Mexican (rice, beans mince and cheese in tortillas served a million ways) and Greek (it's just shít Muslim food, basically).

Octopus
    One greasy tapas serving did not end well
    Apart from getting it knocked off the bill
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Any black tie do where you just know you are going to a get a mushy, mass catered standard chicken / beef dinner.

they are exactly the type of thing this was made for...

or a black tie do where you will receive poncy presentation of a any type of food whose quantity wouldn't satisfy a budgie. ****s.

It's the fondant potatoes that do my fücking head in. Invariably undercooked (and shďt anyway), but mass caterers fücking love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Mexican (rice, beans mince and cheese in tortillas served a million ways) and Greek (it's just shít Muslim food, basically).
    I do not like Greek food. Everything with yoghurt or weird cheeses no thanks.

Where?

xxxxxxxx