Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: I'm going out for chinese food tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Stop this nonsense.

While the above statement may be 100% based in truth the joys of an "Indian" as we have all known it for 30-40 years is beyond dispute.

The crunch of the fresh pappadum dipped into lime pickle, a nice tarka daal, chicken madras maybe, buttery naan.

You're wrong and I demand you come clean.
    Nah. Indian food is a wonder of controlled spicing, with an enormous variety of different dishes. The shít we eat in this country is mystery meat bathed in gravy which comes in buckets from a central supplier and differs only in colour and chilli content.

Poppadoms and lime pickle are a fine thing, to be sure, but you can't get a decent roti or chapati in this country.

When did you last see an Indian menu in Europe featuring the finest Indian dishes of all, the lal maas or the dal makhani? You didn't, because these would require a little care to prepare.

In short, you're eating shíte, and by eating it, you're encouraging the production of it.

Just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Nah. Indian food is a wonder of controlled spicing, with an enormous variety of different dishes. The shít we eat in this country is mystery meat bathed in gravy which comes in buckets from a central supplier and differs only in colour and chilli content.

Poppadoms and lime pickle are a fine thing, to be sure, but you can't get a decent roti or chapati in this country.

When did you last see an Indian menu in Europe featuring the finest Indian dishes of all, the lal maas or the dal makhani? You didn't, because these would require a little care to prepare.

In short, you're eating shíte, and by eating it, you're encouraging the production of it.

Just stop.
    Excuse me for butting in on you food snobs.... try coming to Bradford for a decent curry and you will never complain again
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Excuse me for butting in on you food snobs.... try coming to Bradford for a decent curry and you will never complain again
    Was going to say the same about Manchester, plenty of choice on Curry mile for instance. Our local is superb, do a wonderful Pathia

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Right, so I'm the food snob but you know the 'best' place to get a curry?

I see.

I see.
    How was the Chinese?

I see.
    I had two curries in my recent trip to India; one in Mumbai and one in Bangalore.

They were both very good. Equal to the best curries I have had in the UK but no better than that.

Food is a global commodity, it has been for years. As soon as someone says to me 'you haven't eaten xxx countries food until you've eaten it in xxx', I immediately tune them out as I know they're talking rubbish. I've had bland Thai food in Thailand, terrible pasta in Italy etc etc etc

Now stop being silly you old goat.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    How was the Chinese?
    It was ok, actually. Some very decent ribs.

Man, I love ribs.

Just stop.
    Spice Hut round the corner from me does Lal Maas.

Of course perhaps not LM as prepared by the finest chefs in downtown Delhi but can we not just judge it for what it is?

Do you have to be a food snob all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Spice Hut round the corner from me does Lal Maas.

Of course perhaps not LM as prepared by the finest chefs in downtown Delhi but can we not just judge it for what it is?

Do you have to be a food snob all the time?
    I am judging it for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I had two curries in my recent trip to India; one in Mumbai and one in Bangalore.

They were both very good. Equal to the best curries I have had in the UK but no better than that.

Food is a global commodity, it has been for years. As soon as someone says to me 'you haven't eaten xxx countries food until you've eaten it in xxx', I immediately tune them out as I know they're talking rubbish. I've had bland Thai food in Thailand, terrible pasta in Italy etc etc etc

Now stop being silly you old goat.
    You really are a complete Philistine - wd WES