Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trump really does seem to go out of his way to cause trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Or simply trying to deflect people's attention
    Of course, but not in the way you mean, I think. Pointing out what's wrong with him always, and only, seems to draw closer attention to what's even worse about his opposition. Or how any such specific objections to him remind everyone that they would be better, more justifiably, aimed at them #BoomerangEffect
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    No, it isn't. your own frivolity and superficiality is not necessarily a reaction to circumstance. There is every chance you are simply a superficial ****.

wanting to cause trouble, as someone else has suggested, is a perfectly good reason.
    Arguably, that's the whole point of living in a civilised country; so everyone can simply be a superficial ****.

Even you
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Arguably, that's the whole point of living in a civilised country; so everyone can simply be a superficial ****.

Even you
    That is one way of looking at it. A rather silly way, but a way nonetheless. Hey, who am I to tell you how you should think. Or, even, that you should

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Perhaps from the one year of investigation by Mueller's team which has failed to prove complicity between Trump and Russia despite it being printed as fact in the papers every day. One of these investigators, Peter Strzok, who was fired by Mueller for political bias, had previously let Hillary off the hook for her private email server.
    Message stored.

There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Ash, than are dreamt of in your philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It is, yes. One can also argue that Congress decreed it was years ago but successive Presidents have simply put that in their pocket.

But here is the thing.....he causes all this **** storm and gains pretty much **** all. His base love it, but they love him anyway.

It is almost as though his base just love seeing him annoying people that they dont like.

He is a WUM....
    That's true if you only pay attention to his silliest and most popular tweets though; there's already been plenty of real substance, or "winning", as they're calling it, to keep conservatives happy enough. And lots to encourage people who thought he'd be a total disaster to give him the benefit of the doubt next time around.

The Supreme Court, the stock market, GDP, unemployment, business investment and confidence, tax reform, Paris, Energy, Net Neutrality, The VA, NATO, illegal immigration, his new voter fraud investigation commission and so on.

Trade could be a banana skin for some true conservatives, of course, and it's naturally still early days, but he's doing alright, I reckon. Any first year Republican president would be happy with that.

Message stored.

There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Ash, than are dreamt of in your philosophy
    O day and night, but this is wondrous strange!

Stored where btw? On Hillary's server? Or the DNC's?

Message stored.
    Oh, and for anyone curious about Peter Strzok (remember the name, he may become famous) with seven minutes to spare might find this at least entertaining, and possibly interesting.

Some readable links, for those who don't like watching videos (the clip is good though, and Christopher Wreh is in it).

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...ter-strzok.php

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ji...rticle/2642851
    Last edited by Ash; 12-08-2017 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's true if you only pay attention to his silliest and most popular tweets though; there's already been plenty of real substance, or "winning", as they're calling it, to keep conservatives happy enough. And lots to encourage people who thought he'd be a total disaster to give him the benefit of the doubt next time around.

The Supreme Court, the stock market, GDP, unemployment, business investment and confidence, tax reform, Paris, Energy, Net Neutrality, The VA, NATO, illegal immigration, his new voter fraud investigation commission and so on.

Trade could be a banana skin for some true conservatives, of course, and it's naturally still early days, but he's doing alright, I reckon. Any first year Republican president would be happy with that.
    I don't really call a lot of these victories. They're simply negations of the previous guy, and as such, are subject again to reversal. Of your list, I would say: economy (a biggie, not that's all him. But it is definitely in part him), the supreme court, and environmental ****e. The rest is a bunch of crap. Oh, and war with north korea is a win. In my book. But that's because I favor canned foods and time off for reading in my bunker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Oh, and for anyone curious about Peter Strzok (remember the name, he may become famous) with seven minutes to spare might find this at least entertaining, and possibly interesting.

Some readable links, for those who don't like watching videos (the clip is good though, and Christopher Wreh is in it).

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ji...rticle/2642851
    I guess part of me just doesn't understand how an ostensibly fair-minded person could not look at this and dismiss it as minor. Or at least, as no less minor than all the other people in the current administration who use their private email, etc., sometimes on non-encrypted phones. Kushner, Kelly, and so on. There's just no sense of fairness, just a general repetition of this one point. One might even suspect that you had been listening to infowars, fox news, or the washington examiner...

Jk, you know I love yalls.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He upsets Allans, lefties and other varieties of wrongun, p. He's alright by me.
    Flat earthers seem to like him a lot.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman