Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What's your Christmas dinner menu

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Well instead of brunch you can call it lunch or dinner or whatever you like - it is turkey leftovers, a roast ham and loads of bit and pieces that everyone gets stuck into over the course of the day.

As for bread sauce, I have met many English men and women over the course of my 22 years in this country but I know only two that like bread sauce. You and my FIL.
    Bread sauce is fúcking rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You know they don't allow booze there, right?
    My trip to Riyadh was an eye opener, I have to say. When they say there's no booze there is ACTUALLY no booze. Not a black market for it (that I could find). Nothing.

This meant water with lemon for dinner every night. Coffee is good, mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Quite. It is one of many things beloved by the British (although not all) simply because they are used to it and too stubborn to admit that they might have got it wrong.

If you had asked me, I could have told you that Burney would like it. He's like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    As is Bread and Butter pudding

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    As everywons family have different traditions and routines, it always feels a little strange when in a different place.

Fish on the Christmas eve on thanks.
    Christmas Eve - A family dinner at the pub with facefulls of ale. Wd the pub.

Christmas Day - Venison (soaked in beer for 24 hours) & all the trimmings.

Boxing Day - The Boxing Day Hunt will be attended. Many ports will be taken with whatever food is served up at the pub afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Brunch? What is this brunch of which you speak?

Boxing Day involves a simply enormous rib of beef, Yorkshires, roast potatoes, English mustard, etc, etc and bold, chewy Burgundies. Anything less would be blasphemy.

I shall ignore your absurd ignorance about bread sauce. You are merely foreign, so cannot be expected to appreciate the genius of it.
    Do you have a good wine recommendation, B? I need to place my order this week.

Quite. It is one of many things beloved by the British (although not all) simply because they are used to it and too stubborn to admit that they might have got it wrong.

If you had asked me, I could have told you that Burney would like it. He's like that.
    On the reverse side. I had a hot turkey sandwich in Canada after much hype.
    It was horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    With venison you want something big and slightly sweet. A Barolo or a California cabernet sauvignon would be suitable.

The latter can be acquired at a better price and is more likely to be drinking well, Barolos need age.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Chateau Haut-Brion. Chateau Latour. Liebfraumilch. Mateus Rosé.

With venison you want something big and slightly sweet. A Barolo or a California cabernet sauvignon would be suitable.

The latter can be acquired at a better price and is more likely to be drinking well, Barolos need age.
    https://www.thewinesociety.com/shop/...spx?pd=IT23961

https://www.thewinesociety.com/shop/...spx?pd=IT23261

https://www.thewinesociety.com/shop/...aspx?pd=US7261