Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your Christmas dinner menu

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Buy the lobsters live and keep them somewhere for a few days.

Then start your Christmas by giving them the present of a boily death.
    That's just what I need on christmas day, up to my armpits in goosegrease and gizzards...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That's just what I need on christmas day, up to my armpits in goosegrease and gizzards...
    I didn't find doing it particularly traumatic, tbh. Although there was that one who appeared to be trying to climb out

I'm a bit distressed by the lack of ham, sausages and - most crucially - bread sauce.
    I did say much the same, we will of course be having pigs in blankets. I might do a ham, if I can be arsed.

Bread sauce can **** off

I'm a bit distressed by the lack of ham, sausages and - most crucially - bread sauce.
    Ham is for the post Christmas day brunch - however as we are heading up to the Lake District on the 27th there will be no post Christmas day brunch. Chipolatas with the Christmas dinner and Porky Whites for breakfast on the 26th.

No bread sauce because I know seriously bad food when I taste it.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Ham is for the post Christmas day brunch - however as we are heading up to the Lake District on the 27th there will be no post Christmas day brunch. Chipolatas with the Christmas dinner and Porky Whites for breakfast on the 26th.

No bread sauce because I know seriously bad food when I taste it.
    Brunch? What is this brunch of which you speak?

Boxing Day involves a simply enormous rib of beef, Yorkshires, roast potatoes, English mustard, etc, etc and bold, chewy Burgundies. Anything less would be blasphemy.

I shall ignore your absurd ignorance about bread sauce. You are merely foreign, so cannot be expected to appreciate the genius of it.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I did say much the same, we will of course be having pigs in blankets. I might do a ham, if I can be arsed.

Bread sauce can **** off
    Is bread sauce a new thing mainstream? I never had it before a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Is bread sauce a new thing mainstream? I never had it before a few years ago.
    Not really, f. I've been eating it my entire life and I'm forty-fück years old.
    Last edited by Burney; 12-07-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Not really, f. I've been eating it my entire life and I'm forty-fück years old.
    ah, I remember my forty-fücked birthday - happy days
    Last edited by Burney; 12-07-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    As everywons family have different traditions and routines, it always feels a little strange when in a different place.

Fish on the Christmas eve on thanks.
    I'll be in Egypt so gawd knows... Sheeps brain? Camels bollox starter?
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Coffee when I first wake up and the kids are doing the whole Santa thing.

A bottle of champagne or prosecco for breakfast, mixed with some orange juice as to not steam in.

Few beers from around mid-day when sorting out kitchen based issues, from there into Champagne as I have two bottles of Veuve Cliquot put to one side.

After dinner I will move onto wine, red naturally.

Turkey for food as it is traditional and insisted upon by others.