Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I’ve just been in a meeting with a chap with a very strange speech impediment

I’ve just been in a meeting with a chap with a very strange speech impediment

He kept randomly inserting ‘ge’ sounds into words such that ‘technique’ became ‘tegechnique’ and ‘market’ became ‘magarket’. At one point ‘algae’ became ‘agalgae’.

It was most off-putting.

Soft or hard g?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Soft or hard g?
    Hard. He was Welsh, but this was a speech impediment over and above that conferred simply by being Welsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Hard. He was Welsh, but this was a speech impediment over and above that conferred simply by being Welsh.
    Hmm. Could it be related the the Sgecouse throat-rasp? North Wales is pretty much Merseyside, after all.

He kept randomly inserting ‘ge’ sounds into words such that ‘technique’ became ‘tegechnique’ and ‘market’ became ‘magarket’. At one point ‘algae’ became ‘agalgae’.

It was most off-putting.
    Fellow I work with talks with a limp.Most days I sympathise,on others I want to HULK SMASH his fúcking stupid face

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Fellow I work with talks with a limp.Most days I sympathise,on others I want to HULK SMASH his fúcking stupid face
    There is something about it that can override all your decent instincts and make you unreasonably hate them for it, isn’t there?

There is something about it that can override all your decent instincts and make you unreasonably hate them for it, isn’t there?
    They say the worst thing you can do is finish their sentences for them.But sometimes you need to get home of an evening

Talks with a limp?

Does he walk with a lisp as well?

They say the worst thing you can do is finish their sentences for them.But sometimes you need to get home of an evening
    Oh, a st... st..... st.....

Crucifixions too good for 'em sah!

The mind boggles at a conversation involving the words, technique, market and algae ?