Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I must say, you cricket enthusiasts give the impression that

I must say, you cricket enthusiasts give the impression that

you watch the game whilst sucking on a lemon; there is a permanent sourness underlying a constant barrage of moaning about this chap's technique or that chap's decisions.

It's a bit like reading the musings of the chaps on Arsenalfan TV, if they could write.

Do all cricket types live in a state of barely suppressed rage, or is it just you guys? Either way, I've got to tell you, for the sake of your mental health, chill out dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    you watch the game whilst sucking on a lemon; there is a permanent sourness underlying a constant barrage of moaning about this chap's technique or that chap's decisions.

It's a bit like reading the musings of the chaps on Arsenalfan TV, if they could write.

Do all cricket types live in a state of barely suppressed rage, or is it just you guys? Either way, I've got to tell you, for the sake of your mental health, chill out dudes.
    Stonewall Jackson used to suck on a lemon during battle.

Good old Stonewall....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Stonewall Jackson used to suck on a lemon during battle.

Good old Stonewall....
    Your mum sucks on Keith Lemon
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Your mum sucks on Keith Lemon
    Two things AWIMB just doesnt seem to be able to shake- right wing rhetoric and 'your mum' jokes.

I am not particularly fond of either.

Two things AWIMB just doesnt seem to be able to shake- right wing rhetoric and 'your mum' jokes.

I am not particularly fond of either.
    Shame, becuase we are all fond of your mum

I'll stop now
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

This isn’t about moaning, this was about schooling know-nothings like WES in how test cricket works. He could see no reason why England wouldn’t score 350+ to win in the final innings of a five-day game. This is because he understands the thick end of fùck all about test cricket. Not that it has prevented him mouthing off about it, of course...

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    This isn’t about moaning, this was about schooling know-nothings like WES in how test cricket works. He could see no reason why England wouldn’t score 350+ to win in the final innings of a five-day game. This is because he understands the thick end of fùck all about test cricket. Not that it has prevented him mouthing off about it, of course...
    Oh I don't mean this case in particular, I mean in general. Perhaps it's hard to see from the inside, but when discussing cricket you all constantly moan and whinge like little bitches. There's never any joy.

Please accept my apologies for the patriarchal language in this message.

Oh I don't mean this case in particular, I mean in general. Perhaps it's hard to see from the inside, but when discussing cricket you all constantly moan and whinge like little bitches. There's never any joy.

Please accept my apologies for the patriarchal language in this message.
    Sport isnt about joy. It is war with rules.

Sport isnt about joy. It is war with rules.
    That is certainly an interesting point of view, p.

Yes. Interesting.

Do you often have strong feelings of frustration? Do you ever fantasise about taing revenge on society? Have you ever tried to obtain an automatic weapon with a view to committing mass murder in a shopping centre? I'm asking for a friend.

That is certainly an interesting point of view, p.

Yes. Interesting.

Do you often have strong feelings of frustration? Do you ever fantasise about taing revenge on society? Have you ever tried to obtain an automatic weapon with a view to committing mass murder in a shopping centre? I'm asking for a friend.
    I know you don't care about cricket, but can you imagine what it is like to lose to Australia at something? Have you ever met an australian? You know what they are like.

If you want joy, you need to win.....

No to all your questions by the way. I am actually a remarkably affable and phlegmatic sort. A pleasure to be around