Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well that was rubbish...

Well that was rubbish...

Tuned in...Woakes gone in the 1st over and then Root less than two overs later.

Went back to sleep o:

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Went back to sleep o:
    It’s one of my bugbears with nigh****chmen- they increase the chances of an early wicket the next morning and help the bowling side get their tails up. I’m far from being a fan of the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It’s one of my bugbears with nigh****chmen- they increase the chances of an early wicket the next morning and help the bowling side get their tails up. I’m far from being a fan of the idea.
    It doesnt excuse our habit of losing two wickets at a time. When the guy you are batting with gets out it is your job to make sure you dont. Stoneman and Cook went within minutes of each other, Woakes and Root this morning.

Root frustrates the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Went back to sleep o:
    Send for Stokes!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It doesnt excuse our habit of losing two wickets at a time. When the guy you are batting with gets out it is your job to make sure you dont. Stoneman and Cook went within minutes of each other, Woakes and Root this morning.

Root frustrates the hell out of me.
    All true, but my nightwątchman point stands. I’ve never liked their use. Richie Benaud (PBUH) used to agree with me, God rest his crickety soul.

All true, but my nightwątchman point stands. I’ve never liked their use. Richie Benaud (PBUH) used to agree with me, God rest his crickety soul.
    It took me a while to work out why nigh****chman was being blanked out in the middle

I dont like them either. It ruins the continuity of the game. When you do get them out it almost doesnt count as a full wicket, and the for the next few wickets 4, 5 or 6 down isnt actually as good as it sounds.

It doesnt excuse our habit of losing two wickets at a time.
    Such an old habit that a certain Mr Boyc**t likes to say "Add two wickets to the score to see what it's really like".

It took me a while to work out why nigh****chman was being blanked out in the middle

I dont like them either. It ruins the continuity of the game. When you do get them out it almost doesnt count as a full wicket, and the for the next few wickets 4, 5 or 6 down isnt actually as good as it sounds.
    I think it would be interesting to make the declared batting order binding and only adjustable for verified injury.

I think it would be interesting to make the declared batting order binding and only adjustable for verified injury.
    More baffingly was the use of Chris Woakes, who is considered an all rounder as nigh****chmen. Send in Jimmy if you are going to do that, not some half measure. Though I agree with you on nigh****chmen in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    More baffingly was the use of Chris Woakes, who is considered an all rounder as nigh****chmen. Send in Jimmy if you are going to do that, not some half measure. Though I agree with you on nigh****chmen in general.
    I think Jimmy is a little short for this sort of work and Broad's terror at the prospect of a short ball probably counts him out. Basically, they are all ****.

They should have made Moeen go out. Man up!