Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So how many for 2 wickets would England need to be at the end of play

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Good to see that there are multiple sports that you can suck the joy out of, Peter.

Even at this festive time of year.

Oh I love cricket, dont get me wrong. And this is tremendously exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Around 320-330 odd.

There is virtually no chance whatsoever of this happening. It is perfectly gettable, the wicket is ok. It would require a combination of skill, patience and incredible discipline and there is not one player in this England side who has that.

I am quite happy that they have even made some sort of a game of it.
    I'm refusing even to enter into any speculation on the subject as I am utterly outraged by England prickteasing us like this rather than just rolling over straight away as they're supposed to. How dare they fück us about like this? They're obviously going to lose, but are showing us glimmers of hope just to be dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm refusing even to enter into any speculation on the subject as I am utterly outraged by England prickteasing us like this rather than just rolling over straight away as they're supposed to. How dare they fück us about like this? They're obviously going to lose, but are showing us glimmers of hope just to be dicks.
    Come on, b. We want to see a bit of fight. One of the things that seriously ****S ME OFF about these guys is that in lost causes they dont even have the professional pride to bat for their own average. I would happily bat all day in a losing cause for 50 odd not out. I would bloody enjoy it as well.

If you cant even bat selfishly what is the world coming to?

Making it go into a last day so to generate extra money for the ground and the Aussie cricket board... sad seens b
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

How much longer does play go on today/tonight?

England now 4/1...20% chance.

Looking at the market they were 80/1 at one point so a moral victory of sorts

Come on, b. We want to see a bit of fight. One of the things that seriously ****S ME OFF about these guys is that in lost causes they dont even have the professional pride to bat for their own average. I would happily bat all day in a losing cause for 50 odd not out. I would bloody enjoy it as well.

If you cant even bat selfishly what is the world coming to?
    Oh, I agree. The rabbit-in-the-headlights batting collapse has just become so customary that I sort of resent it when they actually put up a fight.

Fear not, though. We'll get through tonight, lose an early one tomorrow and collapse like a house of cards. All done just after lunchtime, I reckon.

Oh, I agree. The rabbit-in-the-headlights batting collapse has just become so customary that I sort of resent it when they actually put up a fight.

Fear not, though. We'll get through tonight, lose an early one tomorrow and collapse like a house of cards. All done just after lunchtime, I reckon.
    I have a sneaky feeling the collapse will come tonight. Any minute, in fact. Root is going to get out very, very soon. He really pisses me off, much more than any of the others.

I have a sneaky feeling the collapse will come tonight. Any minute, in fact. Root is going to get out very, very soon. He really pisses me off, much more than any of the others.
    I can see Root scoring 150 and England winning.

Merry Christmas everyone!

England down to 2/1...straight up 33.34% to win o: