Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So how many for 2 wickets would England need to be at the end of play

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pretty incredible England have a decent chance of levelling the series and perhaps even winning it.

If Smith had just enforced the follow on this game would’ve been over with the series completely in the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Pretty incredible England have a decent chance of levelling the series and perhaps even winning it.

If Smith had just enforced the follow on this game would’ve been over with the series completely in the bag.
    Very true, t. He was protecting his quicks, which is understandable given how injury prone they all are. That was always a risk and they probably should have picked Sayers as a horses for courses selection on his home ground (should have picked another bowling option at 6 as well, but I guess Marsh has justified his place for now).

Think Lyon will make the difference tomorrow, but if one of the quicks was to break down ...

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Very true, t. He was protecting his quicks, which is understandable given how injury prone they all are. That was always a risk and they probably should have picked Sayers as a horses for courses selection on his home ground (should have picked another bowling option at 6 as well, but I guess Marsh has justified his place for now).

Think Lyon will make the difference tomorrow, but if one of the quicks was to break down ...
    I may regret saying this but isnt the massive advantage of bowling in the final session more on england's side? Coupling the fact that our bowlers are a little toothless when the ball isnt swinging and their batsmen are pretty ****e when it is? I am not sure it makes THAT much difference when Australia bowl. Their raw pace and hostility is a problem all day and we didnt look in much more trouble this evening than in earlier in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I may regret saying this but isnt the massive advantage of bowling in the final session more on england's side? Coupling the fact that our bowlers are a little toothless when the ball isnt swinging and their batsmen are pretty ****e when it is? I am not sure it makes THAT much difference when Australia bowl. Their raw pace and hostility is a problem all day and we didnt look in much more trouble this evening than in earlier in the day.
    All over by 6-30 Uk time tomorrow imo, couple of early wickets and then we lose by 100
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    All over by 6-30 Uk time tomorrow imo, couple of early wickets and then we lose by 100
    Blimey - you think we'll last a session. Not like you to be an optimist

I want to go on record as saying that England will win tomorrow.

I shall wake up, open my advent calendar, look at the result and think to myself 'just another sport I am an expert on'.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

I shall wake up, open my advent calendar, look at the result and think to myself 'just another sport I am an expert on'.
    ?????

And are you having a lie in tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

And then reality strikes and you appear to have another sport about which you know jack ****

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Blimey - you think we'll last a session. Not like you to be an optimist
    Rain imo

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I doubt the final session will come into play tomorrow anyway p, but yes, you are probably right (hence I am surprised they didn't pick Sayers to exploit the conditions).