Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Whoa! 'Theresa May to call Arlene Foster later today to pitch border deal'?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yes.... 'made history' is one of those phrases that really can go either way isnt it
    Of course. Better than being powerless though. The point is to change it an all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    So we're here again. You elitist Blairite running dogs!

Yes, what did the deplorables ever do with their votes eh?

Power to the Demos!
    You dont let the lunatics run the asylum.

Of course. Better than being powerless though. The point is to change it an all that.
    THere is nothing more dangerous than a sharp sword in the hand of a blind man......

Apart from possession on the edge of your own box, of course.

Really? You often speak very fondly of your time here which seems to have consisted of smoking third rate hash, quaffing pints, nobbing fat birds and getting sacked.

What's not 'Great' about that?

Ungrateful swine.......
    I'll bet those fat birds were as elfin wood nymphs compared to the bog dwelling toothless hags he fires it up these days.

THere is nothing more dangerous than a sharp sword in the hand of a blind man......

Apart from possession on the edge of your own box, of course.
    And a sharp sword in the hand of someone who can see where you are.

I'm not sure you thought this metaphor through, tbh.

You dont let the lunatics run the asylum.
    From where I'm standing, they have been for hundreds of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I reckon she is - wouldn't mind be a fly on the wall for the conversation though. Would be a lovely irony if Ireland becomes a more united entity thanks to a government backed by those ****ers
    Not as lovely an irony, of course, as the distinct possibility - now that they have, as predicted, kiboshed it - of the anti-Brexit protest vote that destroyed May's majority potentially leading to a harder Brexit than would otherwise have been the case.

The last two years of politics in this country really are an object lesson for everyone in the dangers of unintended consequences.

And a sharp sword in the hand of someone who can see where you are.

I'm not sure you thought this metaphor through, tbh.
    Different danger. The man who can see wil kill who he intends. The blind man could kill anyone.

You may disagree with the plan but its better than random and accidental slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Not as lovely an irony, of course, as the distinct possibility - now that they have, as predicted, kiboshed it - of the anti-Brexit protest vote that destroyed May's majority potentially leading to a harder Brexit than would otherwise have been the case.
    Or a collapse in the coalition leading to a Labour govt which waters down Brexit so much that we are left as an EU colony.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

The last two years of politics in this country really are an object lesson for everyone in the dangers of unintended consequences.
    Allowing the people to vote on an issue which even the politicians in charge, or those whose idea it was, failed to fully understand the consequences of was never really a great idea.

Then again allowing the people to make that call was not May’s call.

The spineless chap who started it all has kind of slid off I note.