Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whoa! 'Theresa May to call Arlene Foster later today to pitch border deal'?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    It is a silly name.

For a start there is fúck all Great about it. Perhaps once when you ruled others.
    Really? You often speak very fondly of your time here which seems to have consisted of smoking third rate hash, quaffing pints, nobbing fat birds and getting sacked.

What's not 'Great' about that?

Ungrateful swine.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Result imo. The Brexit bonus. Not only get rid of Brussels but give N.Ireland back too.

Your fine Guards! can deal with a few hundred thousand orange loonies.
    The dream of a united Ireland. THe true Ireland. A nation once again!

Its wonderful....

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    sigh - as I'm sure you know, rich, sorry sw, it refers to the geographical size in comparison to the rest of the British Isles, of which Ireland is, of course, one.

Must you be so literal with names? Is Ireland really a Land of Ire, A Land of Anger and Wrath? Oh...
    I’ve never really bothered to understand it to be honest.

I was always confused how it was one entity for certain issues such as the Olympics or the Eurovision but then different for important stuff like the World Cup.

The fact that I was at war with you just caused me to be even less interested than normal.

Result imo. The Brexit bonus. Not only get rid of Brussels but give N.Ireland back too.

Gardai

Point of order: we cannot give Northern Ireland 'back', since the Irish have never had it to be given it 'back'. Ireland has never been a meaningfully united political entity other than under British rule.

That said, I see a lot of useful aspects to essentially treating Northern Ireland as a bonded warehouse for exporting to the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Point of order: we cannot give Northern Ireland 'back', since the Irish have never had it to be given it 'back'. Ireland has never been a meaningfully united political entity other than under British rule.

That said, I see a lot of useful aspects to essentially treating Northern Ireland as a bonded warehouse for exporting to the EU.
    Does Arlene not pull the plug then and you go to the polls again, and then maybe even let Jeremy in?

There is a fair amount more clusterfúcking which yet could happen here.

And Ireland has never been a meaningfully partitioned entity other than under british rule. So yes, we can 'give it back' in the same sense that we 'gave back' the 26 almost a century ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Does Arlene not pull the plug then and you go to the polls again, and then maybe even let Jeremy in?

There is a fair amount more clusterfúcking which yet could happen here.
    Oh, yeah. We've all come to assume clusterfückery as the new norm over here. I still don't think Corbo will get in whatever happens.

I'm just trying to get my head around May trying to broker a deal without proper consultation with the DUP. It just seems impossibly stupid.

Oh, yeah. We've all come to assume clusterfückery as the new norm over here. I still don't think Corbo will get in whatever happens.

I'm just trying to get my head around May trying to broker a deal without proper consultation with the DUP. It just seems impossibly stupid.
    The impossibly stupid might just be an act of genius in the current climate. Or, more likely, an act of impossible stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    And Ireland has never been a meaningfully partitioned entity other than under british rule. So yes, we can 'give it back' in the same sense that we 'gave back' the 26 almost a century ago.
    You can't give something 'back' that someone has never had, p. ou can give it to them (and welcome to it, God knows), but that's it. We didn't give the 26 counties 'back', we gave them to the newly-founded entity of the Irish Republic. Y