Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Whoa! 'Theresa May to call Arlene Foster later today to pitch border deal'?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    So if terrorists in NI might start killing people if they don't get their way over the EU, this proves that we must stay in the EU?
    I think he is saying the opposite A

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Errr.... what??
    you said this;

It really doesnt matter. All that matters here is that we leave the EU, regardless of how many people die, and that the principle of democracy does not perish from this earth.

If only those pesky Chartists hadn't demanded the vote for the working man, eh? We could be ruled by well educated, well-bred, high-value property-owning experts who know what is best without the plebs having their ignorant opinions count.

It really doesnt matter. All that matters here is that we leave the EU, regardless of how many people die, and that the principle of democracy does not perish from this earth.

Yes, we should definitely not leave the EU because a couple of dozen old Provos currently picking up their pensions might decide to come out of retirement.

you said this;

If only those pesky Chartists hadn't demanded the vote for the working man, eh? We could be ruled by well educated, well-bred, high-value property-owning experts who know what is best without the plebs having their ignorant opinions count.
    I did try to point this out to p earlier, but he simply cannot grasp that the electorate doing stuff people like him (and me, for that matter) don't want is a feature rather a bug of democracy.

you said this;

Well, of course, the Chartists achieved precisely nothing in the short term. That aside, you have just skipped from leaving the EU to disposing of democracy. I. Still dont know what your first message meant.

I am here standing up for the referendum vote and protecting democracy with every bone of my body. What more do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I did try to point this out to p earlier, but he simply cannot grasp that the electorate doing stuff people like him (and me, for that matter) don't want is a feature rather a bug of democracy.
    You still think this is resentment because of the outcome. Look back at messages from before the result. Not only was I opposed to the referendum, I even said it had been unfairly loaded on the side of remain by forcing people to vote for a leap in the dark.

Can we please dispose of this 'you just dont like the outcome' argument. It is beneath us both and you know it isnt true.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, we should definitely not leave the EU because a couple of dozen old Provos currently picking up their pensions might decide to come out of retirement.
    I was quoting Abraham Lincoln you big pudding!