Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unlike Sir C who is, I believe, something of a big girl's blouse, I can attend a

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    They eat the good stuff, sw. From the deep, dark broth of the phó to the delicate refinement of the summer roll; the crisp deliciousness of the banh xeo to the hearty satisfaction of the cóm saigon.

You'd hate it.
    Well I would struggle from the off if the menu did not at least offer translations which i could ask for.

Ban Zeo?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    What do Vietnamers eat then?
    Noodles, rice, fish, sugar, pork, vegetables and chilli. I think that covers it. Oh, and beefy soup and nice sarnies.

It's quite good, sw. You should add it to your repertoire.

Well I would struggle from the off if the menu did not at least offer translations which i could ask for.

Ban Zeo?
    It is best to learn by wandering the streets of Saigon partaking at hawker stalls. Pointing with a quizzical look is enough to get locals falling over themselves to assist.

That is exactly how it is pronounced. wd sw!

Ban Zeo?

Keanu Reeves' character in The Matrix, sw.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Noodles, rice, fish, sugar, pork, vegetables and chilli. I think that covers it. Oh, and beefy soup and nice sarnies.

It's quite good, sw. You should add it to your repertoire.
    You miss the importance of herbs; herbs used as a vegetable, indeed. Herbs used as wrappers. Herby herby herby. You ignore the joys of clams as big as oysters (riddled with hepatitis, apparently) the freshwater prawns the size of small lobsters, the duck! And the dog

You miss the importance of herbs; herbs used as a vegetable, indeed. Herbs used as wrappers. Herby herby herby. You ignore the joys of clams as big as oysters (riddled with hepatitis, apparently) the freshwater prawns the size of small lobsters, the duck! And the dog
    Thought you were talking about me c. I blushed like a maiden and started batting my lashes

I hardly think so, b. This is a classy organisation we're talking about here.

There will be prods, I'll grant you that.
    They'll be pink-faced, earnest and have bad breath. They're all like that, protestant clergy.

I wandered into my local C of E church the other night because there was a Christmas fair on in the town, only to discover the vicar is a woman! A woman, ffs! How can you expect to get to heaven with a woman for a vicar?

Naturally, she was ugly, earnest, pink-faced and probably had bad breath. Certainly, she could have eaten an apple through a chain-link fence, so I assume the other aspects of her dentition were terrible.

Oh, yeah. All that shït, too. No potatoes, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    They'll be pink-faced, earnest and have bad breath. They're all like that, protestant clergy.

I wandered into my local C of E church the other night because there was a Christmas fair on in the town, only to discover the vicar is a woman! A woman, ffs! How can you expect to get to heaven with a woman for a vicar?

Naturally, she was ugly, earnest, pink-faced and probably had bad breath. Certainly, she could have eaten an apple through a chain-link fence, so I assume the other aspects of her dentition were terrible.
    V's mother's local vicar is a woman who loves another woman, with whom she co-habits. Yes, a lesbonian vicar, no doubt engaging in unnatural practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Thought you were talking about me c. I blushed like a maiden and started batting my lashes
    He called you a vegetable, h.