Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to a christmas carol service this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I haven't seen it for years, to be fair. I'm either cooking or píssed at that point.
    Indeed, daytime Xmas Day television is now an utter irrelevance.

I mean jingoistic joshing aside does anybody really watch your Queen? And if so then why??

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    The Queen's speech on Christmas day. I simply will not let the in-laws begin eating my Christmas dinner until we've listened to it.

They tell me that's sweet in a very patronizing 'what a nice colonial you are' manner.
    You mug, WES. It's bad enough all the sheeple here bowing and scraping before that seedy crime firm, but you colonials really should be able to see through it.

Sure dere'll be ceilidh/craic/some daft fúcker with thon stupid drum.
    The son joyously informed me that the school rock band do a version of Sweet Home Alabama.

You genuinely could not make this shít up.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Indeed, daytime Xmas Day television is now an utter irrelevance.

I mean jingoistic joshing aside does anybody really watch your Queen? And if so then why??
    My mother would have been devastated to miss it so it may be a generational thing. Not many of her generation left now, in fairness. I'm not sure it matters, though. If she fancies chatting on TV for 10 minutes once a year, sho's going to stop her? She is the queen, after all.

My mother would have been devastated to miss it so it may be a generational thing. Not many of her generation left now, in fairness. I'm not sure it matters, though. If she fancies chatting on TV for 10 minutes once a year, sho's going to stop her? She is the queen, after all.
    Indeed, she will be dead soon and leaving whatever you are doing to listen to Charles just isn't happening.

RIP your so called Royal Family.

The son joyously informed me that the school rock band do a version of Sweet Home Alabama.

You genuinely could not make this shít up.
    I thought the Irish were the blacks of europe? You can't be singing Sweet Home Alabama!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I bet you gave some of them their first "A" levels.. eh eh
    You're touching yourself, aren't you?

You have to joint the fúckers. It's just like jointing a chicken but slippery with grease.

It feels quite sexy, actually.
    Raymond's method of confit-ing the legs and quickly roasting the breasts so they're still pink is rather good imo.

Mind, there's never much on a goose, is there? You need at least two to make a decent spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Raymond's method of confit-ing the legs and quickly roasting the breasts so they're still pink is rather good imo.

Mind, there's never much on a goose, is there? You need at least two to make a decent spread.
    I get two large ones and they feed 8 with plenty left for sarnies after.

Indeed, she will be dead soon and leaving whatever you are doing to listen to Charles just isn't happening.

RIP your so called Royal Family.
    You fundamentally fail to understand the nature of a monarchy, sw. it is about continuity. It is about the holy mystery of divine anointment and the atavistic belief in the land and king being one. It doesn't matter who they are, it matters what they are.

We've had shït kings before - some of them so shît we've had to kill them and even Chas is unlikely to be that bad. However, we persist with monarchy because it works. One slightly irritating king won't change that.