Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm going to a christmas carol service this evening.

I'm going to a christmas carol service this evening.

My problem is that I will be surrounded by the glw's work colleagues, and, of course, christmas carols make me blub like a baby.

You know that if you go look inside some stables at midnight on christmas eve all the animals bow? I saw this phenomenon once when I was a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    My problem is that I will be surrounded by the glw's work colleagues, and, of course, christmas carols make me blub like a baby.

You know that if you go look inside some stables at midnight on christmas eve all the animals bow? I saw this phenomenon once when I was a child.

Soft. As. Custard.

I had my son's last night, at his school. And while the scene was quite stunning, I wish I knew more of the carols. They sing all the religious ones and then at the end you get Hark the Herald Angels Sing, which is the only one I know.

Every year, without fail.

Will your glw be singing?

In proper Scrooge fashion, I opted out of the work Secret Santa bòllocks and the Christmas party today. Quite liberating.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Soft. As. Custard.

I had my son's last night, at his school. And while the scene was quite stunning, I wish I knew more of the carols. They sing all the religious ones and then at the end you get Hark the Herald Angels Sing, which is the only one I know.

You don't know the religious ones? Fúcking heathen.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Will your glw be singing?

In proper Scrooge fashion, I opted out of the work Secret Santa bòllocks and the Christmas party today. Quite liberating.
    No, not this year.

Aww, it's christmas, b. Don't be a grinch. Nobody likes a grinch.

Soft. As. Custard.

What of Adestes Fideles? That was always my favourite. Do they even do Latin anymore? Personally, i’m Thinking of doing an evening course in it - if I can find one.

You don't know the religious ones? Fúcking heathen.
    Nope

And I must say, they are the worst example of lyrics EVER! FACT.

You get to the end of the line and it seems like the tune has a while to go and yet there is only one word left. So they drag they one word out for about 10 different notes.

Awful.

No, not this year.

Aww, it's christmas, b. Don't be a grinch. Nobody likes a grinch.
    Meh. fùck ‘em - as Scrooge would doubtless have said if they could’ve got it past the censors back then.

Actually, the idea of a sweary Scrooge has comic potential imo.

Nope

And I must say, they are the worst example of lyrics EVER! FACT.

You get to the end of the line and it seems like the tune has a while to go and yet there is only one word left. So they drag they one word out for about 10 different notes.

Awful.
    I look forward to you explaining those comments on Judgement Day. Well, I say, 'explaining those comments', I mean, 'roasting in the sulphurous flames of hellfire for all eternity.'

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    What of Adestes Fideles? That was always my favourite. Do they even do Latin anymore? Personally, i’m Thinking of doing an evening course in it - if I can find one.
    No Adestes Fideles in sight, sadly as I quite like that one. My son took Latin up until last year and has now dropped it. Shame as he was quite good at it but it is definitely on the outs. Loads of it about in the services though, even his house they don't have attendance or registration or whatever, it's called Ad Sum and they have to say 'sum' when their name is called.

I find Latin quite stirring, always makes me feel nostalgic and, for some reason, safe. If you see what I mean.