Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I'm going to a christmas carol service this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I get two large ones and they feed 8 with plenty left for sarnies after.
    I bought a huge fücker a few years back and it only barely fed five.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I bought a huge fücker a few years back and it only barely fed five.
    You bought a duck, didn't you? #irish

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Indeed, she will be dead soon and leaving whatever you are doing to listen to Charles just isn't happening.

RIP your so called Royal Family.
    Well, there's no need to be offensive, is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You're touching yourself, aren't you?
    No, your mum is touching me
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Raymond's method of confit-ing the legs and quickly roasting the breasts so they're still pink is rather good imo.

Mind, there's never much on a goose, is there? You need at least two to make a decent spread.
    I did that with goose the one time I've done it for Christmas dinner. The legs were divine, the goose gravy a triumph but I overcooked the breasts and still haven't forgiven Mark Hix for it as it was his recipe.

I do a similar thing with turkey. Braise the legs, roast the breast and make turkey gravy with the rest of the carcass. Other than chicken, I don't there is a type of bird that can be roasted whole and still get the best out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You mug, WES. It's bad enough all the sheeple here bowing and scraping before that seedy crime firm, but you colonials really should be able to see through it.
    I like tradition, Ash. I come from a country which has none, really. And whatever tradition Canada has they are usually more than willing to compromise it if someone complains about it. And on a related topic, did anyone see the Canadian PM shedding a tear as he apologized to all LGTB etc people for the discrimination they had experienced over the years? I mentioned it to my parents on Sunday night and they were less than impressed. My father's comment was 'remember what he did before he became PM, he was a f*cking drama teacher for Christ's sake'.

I like the Queen. She has a lovely accent and reminds me of a simpler time. At Christmas, this is the sort of thing a chap should relish in, I think.