Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I'm going to a christmas carol service this evening.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    My problem is that I will be surrounded by the glw's work colleagues, and, of course, christmas carols make me blub like a baby.

You know that if you go look inside some stables at midnight on christmas eve all the animals bow? I saw this phenomenon once when I was a child.

I am attending one on Thursday as my daughter has somehow got herself involved in a “folk group” at school. Now this obviously throws up all sorts of worrying musical scenarios but what can you do. Coupled with the absolute fact that she is arguably as bad a singer as I have ever heard in my life, truly leave the room stuff. So factor in 20-30 of them.

I know one of the songs they are doing but cannot recall, safe to say however it is not Folk by any stretch or definition.

Then I find out that said “folk” act are only one of a list of acts – Scoil Rock (the school music band), a trad group, a tin whistle group, an ordinary choir etc.

Shít scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I am attending one on Thursday as my daughter has somehow got herself involved in a “folk group” at school. Now this obviously throws up all sorts of worrying musical scenarios but what can you do. Coupled with the absolute fact that she is arguably as bad a singer as I have ever heard in my life, truly leave the room stuff. So factor in 20-30 of them.

I know one of the songs they are doing but cannot recall, safe to say however it is not Folk by any stretch or definition.

Then I find out that said “folk” act are only one of a list of acts – Scoil Rock (the school music band), a trad group, a tin whistle group, an ordinary choir etc.

Shít scenes.
    Sure dere'll be ceilidh/craic/some daft fúcker with thon stupid drum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Sure dere'll be ceilidh/craic/some daft fúcker with thon stupid drum.
    The son joyously informed me that the school rock band do a version of Sweet Home Alabama.

You genuinely could not make this shít up.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The son joyously informed me that the school rock band do a version of Sweet Home Alabama.

You genuinely could not make this shít up.
    I thought the Irish were the blacks of europe? You can't be singing Sweet Home Alabama!