Game just start to turn...

. ..........

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    . ..........
    We'll still be all out for sub 200, match lost

Smith lucky ��

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    . ..........
    Yup. Just the 250-odd runs behind with them having 7 wickets in hand and the world's most in-form batsman at the crease.
    Last edited by Burney; 12-04-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yup. Just the 250-odd runs behind with them having 7 wickets in hand and the world's most in-form batsman at the crease.
    Riddle me this B, why did the Aussie not enforce the follow on?

Look to have the filthy Brit out by mid-afternoon tomorrow then just smack the ball all around the Gabba\Oval\wherever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Riddle me this B, why did the Aussie not enforce the follow on?

Look to have the filthy Brit out by mid-afternoon tomorrow then just smack the ball all around the Gabba\Oval\wherever it is.
    Captains do it to give their bowlers a rest rather than risk them potentially having to bowl solidly for 2-3 days (not that that would be likely in our case). Captains have become less keen to enforce follow-ons in recent years - it's become unfashionable.

Personally, I'm a great believer in (almost) always enforcing the follow-on for psychological reasons if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Captains do it to give their bowlers a rest rather than risk them potentially having to bowl solidly for 2-3 days (not that that would be likely in our case). Captains have become less keen to enforce follow-ons in recent years - it's become unfashionable.

Personally, I'm a great believer in (almost) always enforcing the follow-on for psychological reasons if nothing else.
    I can understand this viewpoint but then 2-3 early wickets and you would expect your boys to metaphorically sh*t their white pants.

Another Smith review....

Goooooooooooooooone

Lyon on...proper night watchman