Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do we have such a ****flap of a defence ?

Why do we have such a ****flap of a defence ?

73% possession
    24 shots on goal
    11 corners to 1
    3-1 down.

I mean, how does that work ?

Don’t worry...we’re back in for Johnny Evans apparently

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    73% possession
    24 shots on goal
    11 corners to 1
    3-1 down.

Its not the defence as such. Its the fact that we keep giving the ball away under no pressure. When you do that everyone is out of position and good sides take advantage of it.

We do it in every single game.

73% possession
    24 shots on goal
    11 corners to 1
    3-1 down.

We've been serving up that performance for years. A lot of bluster, loads of chances, but never in control of the game at any stage. We are still a very sloppy and very naive side. We've been fortunate that in many games this season, weaker opponents haven't been good enough to take the chances we keep giving them.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    We've been serving up that performance for years. A lot of bluster, loads of chances, but never in control of the game at any stage. We are still a very sloppy and very naive side. We've been fortunate that in many games this season, weaker opponents haven't been good enough to take the chances we keep giving them.
    There's no doubt that in this game, we were the better side. Bloody unforgiveable that we pissed it away through stupidity, particularly given the opposition.
    We just serve up the same script every season. It's so predictable, it's just not even vaguely amusing any longer.
    Two steps forward, but inevitably, the one step back ?

There's no doubt that in this game, we were the better side. Bloody unforgiveable that we pissed it away through stupidity, particularly given the opposition.
    We just serve up the same script every season. It's so predictable, it's just not even vaguely amusing any longer.
    Two steps forward, but inevitably, the one step back ?
    total Paula Abdul scenario imo

We were completely in control of the game. Unfortunately we were 2-0 down and once we got back in the game we made our other mistake- the short pass into the bank of defenders with everyone ahead of the ball. You lose that ball, which is highly likely, and you are immediately in trouble.

As long as Wenger is in charge none of this will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    We were completely in control of the game. Unfortunately we were 2-0 down and once we got back in the game we made our other mistake- the short pass into the bank of defenders with everyone ahead of the ball. You lose that ball, which is highly likely, and you are immediately in trouble.

As long as Wenger is in charge none of this will change.
    Perhaps. I'm just fed up with seeing the same scenario play out over and over again. I always feel I'm still sat there in 2010 watching Denilson getting overtaken by the ref, as Utd ran riot on the counter attack. Except now it's Xhaka instead of Denilson.

Perhaps. I'm just fed up with seeing the same scenario play out over and over again. I always feel I'm still sat there in 2010 watching Denilson getting overtaken by the ref, as Utd ran riot on the counter attack. Except now it's Xhaka instead of Denilson.
    It is incredibly frustrating and easily avoidable. You could the loss of the ball for the first goal as soon as the player looked up to hit the long cross field pass. Should have been ****ing obvious to the left back that he couldn't risk letting the ball come to him but he decided to take the chance. That is just what we do, we take huge risks everywhere.

It just doesn't work when you play against teams good enough to take advantage of it and shrewd enough to know it is coming.

Cos of our ****flap of a

73% possession
    24 shots on goal
    11 corners to 1
    3-1 down.

manager :drunk: