Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting from Ramsey there...

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I think he meant it if only for the reason that otherwise it would have been the level of touch and control of a very average Sunday morning player, and despite whatever views or reservations you have of Ramsey he is not that.

The doubt exists simply because it was him, had it been Ozil or Sanchez or Bergkamp in the distant past there would be no debate.

Well actually there would with Sanchez as he would never have done it.

Wd AR.
    Ball being played over your left shoulder as you run onto it and it arrives when you're about 3 yards in front of goal with nothing but the keeper to beat and you cushion it backwards to your left to a player you hope will be able to control it and stick it away? Rather than take some form of touch that will direct the ball on goal but without taking too much pace off of it?

Sorry, not buying it. That and his slightly startled and then relieved look back at Lacazette makes me believe it was luck.

But you're right, had it been Ozil or Bobby or Dennis there would have been zero question in my mind that he meant it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I think it was a fantastic decision to pass to Lacazette - Ramsey hitting it first time at close range could easily have been blocked by the keeper. The deft lay down gave Lacazette the chance to control it and pick his spot.

Huge credit to Ramsey - especially for a player who is usually quite selfish when they have any chance of scoring.
    I'm with you, definitely meant it, although do think he realised it was the right ball very late on