Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Acceptable hootenanny line-up imo

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Did you actually fly passenger jets c?
    Not professionally, h. Although there was a rather amusing incident involving a junior first officer and an A320 from Gatwick to Paphos which could have resulted in prison time for several of those involved

I've displayed military jets, if that helps?

Galeb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    No, turned there back on my mum when she needed help....coonts
    Civil servants, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Not professionally, h. Although there was a rather amusing incident involving a junior first officer and an A320 from Gatwick to Paphos which could have resulted in prison time for several of those involved

I've displayed military jets, if that helps?

Galeb.jpg
    On a shelf at home?

I display a few scooters on top of the CD stand.

Yugoslavia!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yugoslavia!
    Stolen by some Serbian air force pilots at the end of the war

Stolen by some Serbian air force pilots at the end of the war
    How easy is it, btw, for a bloke who has mainly trained on a simulator, to fly a passenger airliner into a building at ground level without touching the grass?

Asking for a friend.

How easy is it, btw, for a bloke who has mainly trained on a simulator, to fly a passenger airliner into a building at ground level without touching the grass?

Asking for a friend.

Flying a 3 axis simulator is exactly the same as flying the aircraft. If you've done it in the sim you can do it in the aeroplane.

Flying a 3 axis simulator is exactly the same as flying the aircraft. If you've done it in the sim you can do it in the aeroplane.
    Can't be exactly the same, surely? It isn't real, for a start. You're not going to die if something goes wrong, or right in this case.

Could you do it?

Can't be exactly the same, surely? It isn't real, for a start. You're not going to die if something goes wrong, or right in this case.

Could you do it?
    I've done some sim training myself and I've sat in on lots of training and testing and what is immediately noticeable is that after 10 minutes everyone completely forgets that it isn't real. It's so incredibly immersive that you have absolutely no feeling of it being make believe at all.

Flying an aeroplane, under power, into something and hitting it accurately would be more a question of holding your nerve than skill. An airliner has lots and lots of thrust and lots and lots of momentum; it will go exactly where you point it, and if you're not concerned about niceties like maintaining a correct speed and rate of descent, or keeping the ride comfortable for your passengers, or overstressing the airframe, you could learn pretty quickly to aim the nose at your target and keep it there.

Have you done the training exercise where you end up upside down in a swimming pool strapped into a pretend cockpit ?
    10 characters? Pile of cund.