Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Acceptable hootenanny line-up imo

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    You can see Sir C pitching up in his little Chipmunk saying "go on - gizza go - I can do that"
    Funny thing to call berni imo
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Got turned down then did you

joke, I know you didn't, they wouldn't let you in due to being a foreigner
    I often wonder what would have happened if a career's officer at school hadn't told me to make another plan because there would be no pilots by the time I grew up because aeroplanes would fly themselves. I suppose I'd have done 25 years in the RAF and retired at 45 on a full pension

That is what my parents did... but the RAF were a disgrace after my Dad died .... they can **** right off imo

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I often wonder what would have happened if a career's officer at school hadn't told me to make another plan because there would be no pilots by the time I grew up because aeroplanes would fly themselves. I suppose I'd have done 25 years in the RAF and retired at 45 on a full pension
    Well if you had been able to make a seat on fighters you most likely wouldn't be here. An absolutely preposterously slim survival rate.

I found the message board for the blokes who'd flown around pre-unification Germany and The Falklands. They really are just the same fellas that fought the glorious Battle of Britain. I bet Spits give you a chubby eh c?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Well if you had been able to make a seat on fighters you most likely wouldn't be here. An absolutely preposterously slim survival rate.

I found the message board for the blokes who'd flown around pre-unification Germany and The Falklands. They really are just the same fellas that fought the glorious Battle of Britain. I bet Spits give you a chubby eh c?
    I'd have been more likely to spend a career flying and insytructing on Hercs and VC10s, I reckon.

I knew several lads who flew in the Falklands. Mad fúckers, in the main.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    That is what my parents did... but the RAF were a disgrace after my Dad died .... they can **** right off imo
    Yes, but they were losing lots of people in 1940 so you can understand why they were a bit offhand.

(He didn't die in service, did he?)

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    2 old ladies are walking past a record shop in Belfast city centre.As they pass Mona Lisa can be heard coming from the speakers inside.
    One says to the other "hear that? That's Nat King Cole and the other one says
    "well,who is it then?"

I'm here all week
    Needs your accent

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Needs your accent
    thank you sw
    it is a tremendous joke

I'd have been more likely to spend a career flying and insytructing on Hercs and VC10s, I reckon.

I knew several lads who flew in the Falklands. Mad fúckers, in the main.
    Did you actually fly passenger jets c?

Yes, but they were losing lots of people in 1940 so you can understand why they were a bit offhand.

(He didn't die in service, did he?)
    No, turned there back on my mum when she needed help....coonts