Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expecting to see Masterchef the other evening, I saw Match of the Day was delaying

Expecting to see Masterchef the other evening, I saw Match of the Day was delaying

it. Wondering what game this could possibly be, I turned on BBC2 and found to my horror they were labelling women's 'football' in this absurd and misleading fashion. My outrage turned to laughter very quickly, however, when the first action I saw involved a pathetically weak long range effort from an England 'player' being horribly fumbled by the big lesbian in goal, only to fall at the feet of another England 'player' who then promptly spazzed out completely and missed the gaping goal by a good three yards. It was really very funny and pretty much summed up why nobody watches women's football.

It did lead me to wonder if there is there a bigger disparity in competence, co-ordination and sheer athleticism between male and female versions of any sport than that which exists between men's and women's football? I mean women's tennis is obviously rubbish, but its players do at least look vaguely as though they are at least playing the same sport as the men. By contrast, women's football is virtually unrecognisable as the same thing and is at a standard that would put most Sunday teams to shame.
    Last edited by Burney; 11-30-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    it. Wondering what game this could possibly be, I turned on BBC2 and found to my horror they were labelling women's 'football' in this absurd and misleading fashion. My outrage turned to laughter very quickly, however, when the first action I saw involved a pathetically weak long range effort from an England 'player' being horribly fumbled by the big lesbian in goal, only to fall at the feet of another England 'player' who then promptly spazzed out completely and missed the gaping goal by a good three yards. It was really very funny and pretty much summed up why nobody watches women's football.

It did lead me to wonder if there is there a bigger disparity in competence, co-ordination and sheer athleticism between male and female versions of any sport than that which exists between men's and women's football? I mean women's tennis is obviously rubbish, but its players do at least look vaguely as though they are at least playing the same sport as the men. By contrast, women's football is virtually unrecognisable as the same game.
    I saw a bit of that as well, but I was unable to draw any humour fom it, because last week i read several articles bemoaning the disparity in wages between men and women's football.

Yes, the Loonies are demanding equal pay for women 'footballers'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I saw a bit of that as well, but I was unable to draw any humour fom it, because last week i read several articles bemoaning the disparity in wages between men and women's football.

Yes, the Loonies are demanding equal pay for women 'footballers'.

I only watched that and then turned on Netflix until Masterchef started. I felt it encapsulated women's football perfectly.

I saw that about the wages thing. They do realise that it's like demanding that the bird who sings Karaoke every Friday down the pub gets paid the same as Bruce Springsteen, don't they?

It did lead me to wonder if there is there a bigger disparity in competence, co-ordination and sheer athleticism between male and female versions of any sport than that which exists between men's and women's football? I mean women's tennis is obviously rubbish, but its players do at least look vaguely as though they are at least playing the same sport as the men. By contrast, women's football is virtually unrecognisable as the same thing and is at a standard that would put most Sunday teams to shame.
    Nonsense the lot of it but I think we are compelled by modern societal pressures to pretend it is a serious sport.

I expect in a few years’ time they will have to concoct a third team for weirdos who are neither male nor female (well they are of course, just in their fúcking mental heads they think they are not).

I only watched that and then turned on Netflix until Masterchef started. I felt it encapsulated women's football perfectly.

I saw that about the wages thing. They do realise that it's like demanding that the bird who sings Karaoke every Friday down the pub gets paid the same as Bruce Springsteen, don't they?
    No one seems to have yet mentioned to these maniacs that male footballer's salaries are paid in accordance with the money generated by men's football. If the same parameters were to be applied to women's 'football' they'd be paid 5p. (How come they get paid at all?)

No one seems to have yet mentioned to these maniacs that male footballer's salaries are paid in accordance with the money generated by men's football. If the same parameters were to be applied to women's 'football' they'd be paid 5p. (How come they get paid at all?)
    This, of course, is the great irony. They are only able to become 'professional' by virtue of being pretty much entirely funded by the successful and popular male game. I'd probably get banned from the Guardian website (again) if I pointed that out on there, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Nonsense the lot of it but I think we are compelled by modern societal pressures to pretend it is a serious sport.

I expect in a few years’ time they will have to concoct a third team for weirdos who are neither male nor female (well they are of course, just in their fúcking mental heads they think they are not).
    There might be a seperate league for transers and lifters one day. A sort of freaks and bummers league.

Perhaps I should present such a plan to the FA.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Well if the transgender thing carries on, it will kill women's sport entirely. It's already happening. There are trans weightlifters and (God help us) MMA fighters who are winning everything in the women's sport because, of course, they're men.

That's right, the trans lobby has brought about a situation where it is not merely legal, but desirable for a biological male to beat up a biological female in the name of 'progress' and 'equality'.

The world has lost its collective mind.
    Last edited by Burney; 11-30-2017 at 04:48 PM.

There might be a seperate league for transers and lifters one day. A sort of freaks and bummers league.

That wouldn't work because trans women are women, remember? That means you have to let them compete with 'other' women.

Might need to work on the naming, FBL perhaps and then just refuse to elaborate.

I work loosely in Marketing.