Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If only Southampton had held on last night.

If only Southampton had held on last night.

Those two points might have made all the difference. As it stands, I just can't quite see us making up the lost ground. I'm sure it will be close, though.

I wonder how many we'll score on Saturday? My guess is 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Those two points might have made all the difference. As it stands, I just can't quite see us making up the lost ground. I'm sure it will be close, though.

They would still be playing now if City hadn't scored ilmoney: I rather fancy Sanchez to turn it on on Saturday - he was mostly poor last night. Wonder whether Arsene will go for the straight Giroud/Lacazette swap or put Danny in there with him and Sanchez switching positions. I would go for the latter.

Ultimately we will come 3rd or 4th so really makes fúck all difference.

This post is not meant to be negative but we both know it is the hope that kills.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

This post is not meant to be negative but we both know it is the hope that kills.
    I would be delighted with 3rd or 4th, given that last season was a relative failure by our standards and that we were widely tipped to miss out on the CL places again this year. 3rd of 4th would definitely represent progress.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Second is there for the taking if we win on Saturday - and all the other games til the end of the season

When was the last time we gave someone a proper thumping like last night? It seems like years.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    When was the last time we gave someone a proper thumping like last night? It seems like years.
    22nd of October 2017?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I would be delighted with 3rd or 4th, given that last season was a relative failure by our standards and that we were widely tipped to miss out on the CL places again this year. 3rd of 4th would definitely represent progress.
    I fully concur though perhaps not delighted.

Given the fact that there is 6 good teams to finish top 4 would be an achievement, whereas another season outside the shiny spotlight of the CL may be problematic on a wider level. You can have all your fancy transfer fixers from Catalonia and German talent scouts but you still need to dine at the top table etc.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    22nd of October 2017?
    When did we last score 7? I used to like it when we scored 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    They would still be playing now if City hadn't scored ilmoney: I rather fancy Sanchez to turn it on on Saturday - he was mostly poor last night. Wonder whether Arsene will go for the straight Giroud/Lacazette swap or put Danny in there with him and Sanchez switching positions. I would go for the latter.
    I am not a religious man but please God let it be Dannytime.