Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Now, I wouldn’t consider myself a fan of Donald Trump. However.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Disingenuous, p. There is a much bigger problem of gun violence amongst black men than among any other demographic in the US. Indeed, gunshot wounds are the single most likely cause of death for young black men. There is also a disproportionate problem of absentee fathers among black communities in the US. It's not unreasonable to suggest that the correlation may imply causation.

Monty said it in his usual, provocative way, but that doesn't mean he didn't have a point.
    Neither does it mean it wasn't racist. Its a perfectly reasonable point to raise in a conversation about gun violence in the black community. To shoot straight to it in response to a statement about gun crime, and claim it is the only issue is just poor.

Of course, it is a circular argument. How many of those black kids dont have a dad because their dad was shot? The circular nature of the argument makes this tight-arse, family values, social conservative version of post hoc ergo propter hoc all the more questionable.

In short, I would argue there are a million and one potential causes of black on black gun violence. Blaming it on african american absent fathers is effectively reverting to the slogan 'guns dont kill people, black people kill people'. It pleases the blame squarely on black men themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    When he tweets Prime Minister May telling her to keep her mouth shut and focus on ridding Great Britain of disturbing Islamic extremism then I’m inclined to feel he has a point.

I’ve not seen the Britain First videos he shared but was the content really that extreme?
    I think, my dear friend, that you would not be good in a bar fight. It's like, someone paws your girl. Are you going to say, "Ordinarily I would not condone such behavior. However, because my girl is the height of foxiness, I can understand, and while not endorse, perhaps let slide, your behavior."

What you're supposed to do is nut him with your forehead. Then, if you're feeling really frisky, what you do is take a shot glass. Hold that bottom pressed against your palm. Then you jam it into the offending person's face. Glass breaks on impact, the dude has a flap of his face hanging off, blood everywhere. You're out the back door, dragging the chick with. She is shocked but she also appreciates it. Part of her does.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Neither does it mean it wasn't racist. Its a perfectly reasonable point to raise in a conversation about gun violence in the black community. To shoot straight to it in response to a statement about gun crime, and claim it is the only issue is just poor.

Of course, it is a circular argument. How many of those black kids dont have a dad because their dad was shot? The circular nature of the argument makes this tight-arse, family values, social conservative version of post hoc ergo propter hoc all the more questionable.

In short, I would argue there are a million and one potential causes of black on black gun violence. Blaming it on african american absent fathers is effectively reverting to the slogan 'guns dont kill people, black people kill people'. It pleases the blame squarely on black men themselves
    lol. Everyone knows by this time that your "million and one potential causes" is just another way of saying "I don't know what I'm talking about and I don't give a stuff in any case but having been to college, I can't actually admit that. Oh, and the whole racism racket is really just a pissing contest between honkies using blacks as collateral and we'd really rather they stayed out of it anyway."

You're not fooling anybody
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I’m struggling with the idea that black men shouldn’t be held responsible for committing a disproportionate amount of gun crime (and other violent crime). If it isn’t the fault of the perpetrators, whose fault is it?

If I didn’t know better, I’d think you had the classical ‘progressive’ white attitude where you regard black people as poor, benighted savages who can’t possibly be held to the same standards of personal responsibility as whitey.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    lol. Everyone knows by this time that your "million and one potential causes" is just another way of saying "I don't know what I'm talking about and I don't give a stuff in any case but having been to college, I can't actually admit that. Oh, and the whole racism racket is really just a pissing contest between honkies using blacks as collateral and we'd really rather they stayed out of it anyway."

Should the final " have come at the end of the previous sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Should the final " have come at the end of the previous sentence?
    Well *I can speak authoritatively because I have impressive connections within the African-American community. They have appointed me their liaison with all you white motherfvckers. And as their spokesman, I can tell you they're less than impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I’m struggling with the idea that black men shouldn’t be held responsible for committing a disproportionate amount of gun crime (and other violent crime). If it isn’t the fault of the perpetrators, whose fault is it?

If I didn’t know better, I’d think you had the classical ‘progressive’ white attitude where you regard black people as poor, benighted savages who can’t possibly be held to the same standards of personal responsibility as whitey.
    Yeah, I didnt finish that sentence.....

The point was that i had always been led to believe that looking at the socio-economic causes of crime was the preserve of woolly headed liberals (also known as the likes of me) but when we can find a cause that is based on nothing but the feckless and irresponsible behaviour of black men it seems the rest of you are happy to engage in a less than exhaustive search to find the problem.

In other words, suggesting that gun crime among black people is caused by absent fathers is ****ing stupid. As a response to a question about the amounts of being killed by guns in general ( and in every community) it is also racist.

Dont think I didnt also notice how he dismissed it as a problem. Its just black people killing each other- why would a
    President care?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post

Sometimes it is really difficult to tell whether you are being a **** or not. I suspect you rather enjoy this

Oh he's a mischievous elf p and no error. And look at the racist language, honkies

Sometimes it is really difficult to tell whether you are being a **** or not. I suspect you rather enjoy this
    indeed! I am not personally affronted because as I am now, as you know, a black man myself but it is curious that 'red should feel comfortable using pejoratives based on colour.

And since you ask, being a black man has proved to be a disappointment. I haven't developed a stupendously large pénis, I still dance like a complete spastic with three left feet and I haven't yet nicked single car (just kiddin).

Yeah, I didnt finish that sentence.....

The point was that i had always been led to believe that looking at the socio-economic causes of crime was the preserve of woolly headed liberals (also known as the likes of me) but when we can find a cause that is based on nothing but the feckless and irresponsible behaviour of black men it seems the rest of you are happy to engage in a less than exhaustive search to find the problem.

In other words, suggesting that gun crime among black people is caused by absent fathers is ****ing stupid. As a response to a question about the amounts of being killed by guns in general ( and in every community) it is also racist.

Dont think I didnt also notice how he dismissed it as a problem. Its just black people killing each other- why would a
    President care?
    This would only make sense if I, or anyone worth listening to, had suggested that black men are innately feckless and irresponsible. Given that I do not believe this, then it follows that I must believe there is at least one social or cultural factor that contributes to the disproportionate amount of gun crime among blacks.