Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Now, I wouldn’t consider myself a fan of Donald Trump. However.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I certainly do, yes. Islamic extremism is an existential threat for America and all of us. Black people shooting each other because they don't know who their dad is, are not.
    What a pathetic thing to say

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Well, you're the one who pointed out that Islamic extremism isn't the only problem in the US. Do you not believe the prevalence of absent fathers in African American communities is one of these problems, given what we know about its corrosive effect on a child's life chances?

Yes - badly put. It is of course a problem. Do you think it is a bigger problem for the US president than non-Islamic extremists killing people?
    You appear to be suggesting that a President shouldn't be allowed to talk about one problem because there are other problems. This seems odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Well, you're the one who pointed out that Islamic extremism isn't the only problem in the US. Do you not believe the prevalence of absent fathers in African American communities is one of these problems, given what we know about its corrosive effect on a child's life chances?
    People don't like to talk about Chicago or Detroit

Except the Donald, of course.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You appear to be suggesting that a President shouldn't be allowed to talk about one problem because there are other problems. This seems odd.
    That certainly wasn't my intention. But if you look at it that way, he's the one saying that Theresa May can't focus on terrorism, yet still be able to admonish him for his ridiculous tweets

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    People don't like to talk about Chicago or Detroit

Except the Donald, of course.
    Louis Theroux did one of his documentary things about gun crime in the Afro-American community in Chicago. Or was it Detroit? Or somewhere else.

No matter. It was deeply depressing.

Provocative, certainly. But there's a kernel of truth to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Louis Theroux did one of his documentary things about gun crime in the Afro-American community in Chicago. Or was it Detroit? Or somewhere else.

I was surprised to see that Milwaukee is rapidly becoming the murder capital of the USA. This seems odd. Everyone in Happy Days and Laverne and Shirley seemed so nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Of course he should be allowed to talk about Islamic extremism, but he should do so without ever referring to Islam

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

I suppose so. Although Chicago certainly seems proud of its criminal heritage.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."