Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Now, I wouldn’t consider myself a fan of Donald Trump. However.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    This would only make sense if I, or anyone worth listening to, had suggested that black men are innately feckless and irresponsible. Given that I do not believe this, then it follows that I must believe there is at least one social or cultural factor that contributes to the disproportionate amount of gun crime among blacks.
    I only said the statement itself was racist. It isnt that i believe that you are. I also said the statement was stupid and I certainly dont think you are that.

THat said, it was one in a worrying trend of comments from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I only said the statement itself was racist. It isnt that i believe that you are. I also said the statement was stupid and I certainly dont think you are that.

THat said, it was one in a worrying trend of comments from you.
    What worries you Peter? I don't like to think of you worrying. What can I say or do to reassure you?

What worries you Peter? I don't like to think of you worrying. What can I say or do to reassure you?
    You. You worry me.

I am looking at a fairly intelligent chap making some pretty rash comments in what appears to be a reaction to some of the sillier excesses of the current political agenda/environment.

If someone like you reacts like this then what the **** are the heaving, ape-like masses going to do.....it doesnt bear thinking about.

You. You worry me.

I am looking at a fairly intelligent chap making some pretty rash comments in what appears to be a reaction to some of the sillier excesses of the current political agenda/environment.

If someone like you reacts like this then what the **** are the heaving, ape-like masses going to do.....it doesnt bear thinking about.
    Proof, if any were required, that the Blairy left despise the lower orders just as much, if not more, than the right. It's not so different from racism, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Proof, if any were required, that the Blairy left despise the lower orders just as much, if not more, than the right. It's not so different from racism, really.
    I'm not convinced it's the lower orders they despise, so much as anyone failing to conform with approved groupthink.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I didn't refer to the lower orders, I referred to the masses. The hard of thinking. Some of these fellas earn good money.

and I dont despise them.

Imagine for a moment if we took all of your mysogynist comments at face value.

Imagine how horrified you’d be if we thought you really do hate women as much as you pretend.

You. You worry me.

Imagine for a moment if we took all of your mysogynist comments at face value.

Imagine how horrified you’d be if we thought you really do hate women as much as you pretend.
    True. But my misogyny is a joke...sort of.

That’s the thing. My racism is a joke...sort of, too.

You don’t hate women and I don’t hate black people. But we both know there are serious problems among both social groups, not all of which can be attributed to “structural inequality”.

True. But my misogyny is a joke...sort of.

That’s the thing. My racism is a joke...sort of, too.

You don’t hate women and I don’t hate black people. But we both know there are serious problems among both social groups, not all of which can be attributed to “structural inequality”.
    Do women collectively count as a social group?