Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Now, I wouldn’t consider myself a fan of Donald Trump. However.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Which one?
    The one about gun crime in the Afro-American community in Detroit. Chicago. Milwaukee. Whereever. America, anyway.

In short, he showed that young black men are shooting each other with gay abandon and not a little enthusiasm with many of them blaming the lack of a father figure in their lives whilst continuing to boast about their exploits in the field of fathering as many children as possible by as many different women as possible.

In short, whilst monty didn't express himself particularly delicately, the thrust of his argument would appear to have some substance.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    They are all quite good.
    The Jimmy Saville one was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It is pretty ****ing racist to say that black people shoot each other because they don't know who their dad is. Which is what he said.

Given it was in response to the issue of americans shooting each other he also effectively blamed black men for gun crime in america.

That is very, very different from looking at the issue of absent fathers in terms of crime. Do white children turn to crime because of absent fathers? Or does that not matter?
    Disingenuous, p. There is a much bigger problem of gun violence amongst black men than among any other demographic in the US. Indeed, gunshot wounds are the single most likely cause of death for young black men. There is also a disproportionate problem of absentee fathers among black communities in the US. It's not unreasonable to suggest that the correlation may imply causation.

Monty said it in his usual, provocative way, but that doesn't mean he didn't have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The one about gun crime in the Afro-American community in Detroit. Chicago. Milwaukee. Whereever. America, anyway.

In short, he showed that young black men are shooting each other with gay abandon and not a little enthusiasm with many of them blaming the lack of a father figure in their lives whilst continuing to boast about their exploits in the field of fathering as many children as possible by as many different women as possible.

In short, whilst monty didn't express himself particularly delicately, the thrust of his argument would appear to have some substance.

I'm quite amused by the mental image of them shooting one another with gay abandon. It implies they bust a cap in someone's ass while wearing white tie and tails and then down their glass of champers, laugh uproariously and then speed off in their Austin 7 with a flapper called Daphne in tow - possibly to dance to some jazz.

The Jimmy Saville one was fun.
    Did he do one about crazy people who kept household pets who may be slightly different from the perceived norm – crocodiles, tigers etc. – or am I confusing with another TV chap.

These people were clearly fúcking bat shít mental yet went their way through life as if it was in some way ordinary.

Now pets are good, I have 6 fish, you have cats and chickens though obviously I disapprove of cats, horrible fúckers. I would not however keep a crocodile in my house.

Did he do one about crazy people who kept household pets who may be slightly different from the perceived norm – crocodiles, tigers etc. – or am I confusing with another TV chap.

These people were clearly fúcking bat shít mental yet went their way through life as if it was in some way ordinary.

Now pets are good, I have 6 fish, you have cats and chickens though obviously I disapprove of cats, horrible fúckers. I would not however keep a crocodile in my house.
    You left out the horse you keep tethered up outside, sw.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He swapped it for a bag of yokes.

He swapped it for a bag of yokes.
    I'd say his kids are forever taking it up and down in the lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You do realise I live on the Southside?

You do realise I live on the Southside?
    Unless it's Dublin 4, that means nothing.